Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Winter Cammo Jacket - in Where Eagles Dare

Article about: G'day Bob These are poor re-productions, you had me there as I'd love a decent repro Best

Default Re: Winter Cammo Jacket - in Where Eagles Dare

G'day Bob
    These are poor re-productions, you had me there as I'd love a decent repro

Best
    Regards
    René

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

I have read all the posts before and after.
    I hope the one shown is real and ive always wanted to own one from the actual film with the history.If only we were around when they sold all these off and they probably layed in a prop departments for years before being brought back out.How do collectors get this kind of thing

Tom

?

My favourite war film regarding pure escapism,and ive often tried counting just how many people Clint actually dispatched with an mp40 that seemed to hold over 50rounds,but my claim to WED,is that a friend of mine who was on the crew gave me a pair of motor cycle jackboots that were used by Richard Burtons stunt double ,They are Innsbrucker Kletter boots with a lovely white sheepskin lining but one long zipper up the inside, the zipper tag is named Zipp with two little lightning strikes, one above and one below the lettering .I wear them every now and then when the weathers cold , warm as toast.

Clint must have been invinsible in those days

I bet he'd like his own Parka now too

Tom

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WED GM CLOSE UP.jpg 
Views:	1624 
Size:	168.2 KB 
ID:	194232Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WED GM FRONT HI RES.jpg 
Views:	2605 
Size:	160.3 KB 
ID:	194233here are some pics of the Where Eagles Dare jacket that I reproduced for the WED fan site some years ago I can confirm the jackets you see eastwood and burton wearing were made for the movie and were last used in the Michael Caine movie The Eagle Has Landed they were supplied by Angels of London and most of the Parkas were destroyed after filming due to the condition the jackets were in ouch!!!!!!

Another little story I have is of a mate of mine who joined the Hereford boys and watched the idiot storeman burning 100+ of the old camou windproofs because they had taken delivery of the new pattern jackets and he did not have room in the stores for the old ones!!!!! Now priced at £300 each on the collectors market! do the maths!!!

?

At the 2010 War and Peace Show, Angels, were getting rid of some old gear used in a few war films, there was a camo jacket hanging up that i recognised as being from WED , i looked inside and it was named to Neil Mcguiness, i think thats the right spelling, i went outside the tent to get my mate as he was holding my money in his wallet, £75 was the price, i came back inside to see some guy trying it on and pulling his money out, could not believe it, i was gobsmacked, after that i held onto my own money, it was a bit grubby but what a missed opportunity, slightly off subject some years ago i bought a very nice pair of german johdpers, when i looked at the label it read Roger Moore, Escape to Athena, kept them for years but sold them along with some other gear, i do regret some of the stupid sales ive done, but needs must on occassions

ouch that must hurt missing out on an original jacket from eagles I am still trying to find one myself to complete my collection!!!
    Re escape to athena I found the locations that were used on the island of Rhodes it is well worth a visit myself and my girlfriend had a great holiday there lots to see and great hiking too!!

?

Yes it was like a swift kick in the gonads, but ive noticed that most of these so called WED jackets all have one major flaw, especially when they say that its and original from the film, if you look closely at the film jackets, especially Burtons, the splinter pattern runs horizontally across the button holes, on all the ones supposedly from the film the splinter runs vertically, thats how i knew the one i missed out on was very probably an original plus the name, i just wonder how many people claim to have Burtons and Eastwoods jackets and if they read this will frantically now be checking the lines on theirs

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12