Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Winter Cammo Jacket - in Where Eagles Dare

Article about: G'day Bob These are poor re-productions, you had me there as I'd love a decent repro Best

Default Winter Cammo Jacket - in Where Eagles Dare

G'day All

Does any one have more info on this pattern of camouflage?

Love to hear more

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Winter Cammo Jacket - in Where Eagles Dare
    P
    Many

Default Re: Winter Cammo Jacket - in Where Eagles Dare

how about "cobble" or "quilt" or "patchwork"...maybe splinter falling rain marsh pattern,,,

Quote by militarymania View Post
    how about "cobble" or "quilt" or "patchwork"...maybe splinter falling rain marsh pattern,,,
    Yeah cheers mate, was looking on a little more than just a name.
    Thanks anyway

The jackets used in the film have been subject of discussion between collectors for many years. It was first thought that they were original and a rare pattern. It has now been proved that they were produced in Germany as film props especially for the movie. One or two have found there way into collectors hands and when examined their true origins became apparent.

Cheers, Ade.

I seem to remember too, that they came up for sale in the Exchange & Mart. and were listed as "film props" not original,but were not cheap even then!

Thanks guys,
    I'm still not happy, well I have just seen the film in HD on telly today and this is why I raised the question (well probably no help there) .
    What was it '65 ish when the film was made.
    That was superior detail in the studio pattern, if so? even had the high heel of Italy - so I call it

Hi,
    A friend has one, though I've never seen it and when it was mentioned I remember he said he thought it was an original. I'll ask him about it next time I'm in the UK.
    His is the one worn by Burton, or so he said, though he also said it had a ripped sleeve which was covered in fake blood, which I thought was worn by the guy who fell off the cablecar.

VonBond

Hi René, the film was made in 1968.

While the jackets are nicely done they are still film props. If you want to read the whole saga about these grab a cup of coffee and read this long 9 page thread here:

Rare German Parka from "Where Eagles Dare" - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums

Cheers, Ade.

PS: Sometimes these parkas get confused with original but reveresed colour examples.

JB's correct, but i think these type of jackets must be everywhere as the advertisment in Exchange & Mart was in it every week FOR YEARS. In fact, i believe it's still in Gunmart to this day.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast