Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

WW2 German Boots - Advice needed!

Article about: Hi everyone, I'm looking at buying these German WW2 boots. There is no date marked on them, so I was wanting peoples expertise to see if they are genuine WW2 era German boots (I'm not sure w

Default WW2 German Boots - Advice needed!

Hi everyone,

I'm looking at buying these German WW2 boots. There is no date marked on them, so I was wanting peoples expertise to see if they are genuine WW2 era German boots (I'm not sure what to look for with boots). From what I can see online, they are (Hob nails are the same shape, etc) however I am just wanting to make sure.

Thanks!

WW2 German Boots - Advice needed!WW2 German Boots - Advice needed!WW2 German Boots - Advice needed!WW2 German Boots - Advice needed!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WW2 German Boots - Advice needed!
    P
    Many

?

Hi AusA,
    It’s difficult to see from the images, but the seams to the shaft (where they meet the foot), appear non-standard. The shaft would generally sit underneath the foot leather, which would finish on a raw (rather than turned) edge, whereas here they appear flush, finished with a double row of stitching (known as a boot stitch). I hope that makes sense.
    That does not necessarily mean they are not original, period boots, however, and may be a version of private purchase Officers or NCO field boots (perhaps even of a different nationality or service).

By all means wait for more opinions, but I hope this helps.
    All the best,
    Bob

Thanks for the reply! I've looked online and on forums but am having difficulty finding a pair exactly the same as these. Is it correct to have a single stitch at the rear of the leg running down the length of the leg, rather than the external double stictched strip? I've also noticed that the pulls are a bit different - these look like they're stictched on in a line, rather than a rectangle or U shape. If they're from the WW2 period, I'll purchase them, whether they're private purchase or not. The Internet seems to have little information on these boots haha.