Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

WW2 German Uniform Branch Patch

Article about: Hi Guys, I picked up the cloth badge above at an antiques shop at the weekend, It's not my area of expertise - not even the same war actually - but I think it may be a WW2 German branch patc

?

Default WW2 German Uniform Branch Patch

Hi Guys,

WW2 German Uniform Branch Patch

I picked up the cloth badge above at an antiques shop at the weekend, It's not my area of expertise - not even the same war actually - but I think it may be a WW2 German branch patch showing what type of unit the soldier served with, am I correct? If so what type of unit was it? If not, what is it?

Hope somone can help, I thought I would be able to tell from a little research via Google but, as always, these things never seem to be as easy as you first think.

Thanks in advance.

P.S. I only paid a small amount for it, I am not expecting it to be rare or worth a lot

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WW2 German Uniform Branch Patch
    P
    Many

Default Re: WW2 German Uniform Branch Patch

It looks like Bundeswehr, Infantery... but not like the ones officers use today... maybe late 50s? Do you have the measures?

?

Hi GE - thanks for the reply, I do not have them with me now to measure (I am at work) but I think you are correct. I have had a look at some Bundeswehr examples and they seem exactly the same as mine - that's why I could not find a WW2 equivalent. Thanks again for helping me out!

Post WWII.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

Hi Jerry, many thanks for your reply. After German Engineer mentioned it was Bundeswehr I did some checking and found some identical to mine, its nice to have a 2nd opinion though. Cheers, Steve

Quote by ccsk View Post
    Hi Jerry, many thanks for your reply. After German Engineer mentioned it was Bundeswehr I did some checking and found some identical to mine, its nice to have a 2nd opinion though. Cheers, Steve
    Your welcome Steve. Sorry if I was not very detailed in my post, but you had already found out the answer, but as you say, a 2nd opinion does no harm. The construction used and the shade of green as well as the form of the detailing on the central strip all say post WWII to me.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.