Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

WWII German combat tunic HBT

Article about: Looking to purchase this tunic. Wanting to get some opinions from some people with more knowledge than myself. Looks good to me, but what do you think! Thanks! Bill

Default WWII German combat tunic HBT

Looking to purchase this tunic. Wanting to get some opinions from some people with more knowledge than myself. Looks good to me, but what do you think! Thanks!

Bill
    WWII German combat tunic HBTWWII German combat tunic HBTWWII German combat tunic HBTWWII German combat tunic HBTWWII German combat tunic HBTWWII German combat tunic HBTWWII German combat tunic HBTWWII German combat tunic HBTWWII German combat tunic HBTWWII German combat tunic HBTWWII German combat tunic HBTWWII German combat tunic HBT

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WWII German combat tunic HBT
    P
    Many

I say good. Rank insignia may have been applied post war but it is attached to a super looking HBT Summer Feldbluse. It appears to be a later pattern with straight pocket flaps and no pleats. What are they asking? NH

It will actually probably be a trade. Not sure yet.

?

I like it. Correct pattern, stitching looks good, I don't see a problem with it.

Who's to say if the shoulder boards are original to the tunic, or the chevrons are wartime or post-war applied, but those are trivial details in my opinion. Keep in mind, this is a combat tunic, and promotions were applied in the field with the soldier often times stitching his own rank insignia to his sleeve. I've seen a good number of tunics with the same "messy" field applied insignia application. But Neil is correct, there is the possibility they were applied post-war.

Nice condition tunic, while still having that "been there" look.

MAP
    ?

Nice!!! I have always, always wanted one of these but they always elude me. Good luck in getting it Bill

Regards

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

The chevron and trapezoid and shoulder boards are almost certainly reapplied, but the jacket itself looks fine. I remember these HBT's 50 years ago being sold for $1.00 apiece. (Stripped of insignia, of course, but with their buttons still intact). We used to buy them and wear them for work jackets. Wear them out-grab another. They were everywhere back then.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    I remember these HBT's 50 years ago being sold for $1.00 apiece. (Stripped of insignia, of course, but with their buttons still intact). We used to buy them and wear them for work jackets. Wear them out-grab another. They were everywhere back then.
    If only you knew then what you know now

I hope you have something to trade that will make this deal work - this is an incredible Bluse. NH