MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Wwii german heer mountain division uniform

Article about: I found this uniform that is on an auction site and want opinions. The pictures I have listed is all I have. The description is as follows: Heer Gebirgsj„ger (Mountain Division) enlisted Gef

Default Wwii german heer mountain division uniform

I found this uniform that is on an auction site and want opinions. The pictures I have listed is all I have. The description is as follows: Heer Gebirgsj„ger (Mountain Division) enlisted Gefreiter (Lance Corporal) field and service uniform with tunic and trousers with edelweiss patch, breast eagle, shoulder boards, hellgrn Waffenfarbe (Light Green, mountain division piping), EKII and Ostmedaille (Iron Cross 2nd Class and Eastern Front Medal) ribbons on second button hole, stamped silver Infantry Assault Badge, stamped wound badge, ?Gott Mit Uns? enlisted buckle and belt and belt hangers (no maker?s mark). Tunic, approximately size 34, shows heavy field repair throughout, trousers are in not matched,
    Thanks,
    John

Wwii german heer mountain division uniformWwii german heer mountain division uniformWwii german heer mountain division uniformWwii german heer mountain division uniformWwii german heer mountain division uniformWwii german heer mountain division uniform
    I specialize in M1 carbines and Lugers.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Wwii german heer mountain division uniform
    P
    Many

?

Shouldn't the collar tabs also be green ? matching the colour on the shoulder broads ?

Shoulder boards don't have to match up necessarily - they can be generic - but the insignia looks re-applied. NH

I agree with NH.

it did say that it had lots of field repairs. What is the over all consensus of this uniform???
    Original period???

John

Looks good to me inside shots of it if they have them could tell all but going on pictures at hand looks like original M-43 tunic for GJ anymore most insignia is reapplied but that looks ok and period belt buckle and awards I like also. timothy

Fred Green
    ?

Hello'

It appears to me that all of the insignia has been replaced. The insignia does not show the same wear as the tunic. All of the insignia looks original but I would like to see some better and more shots of the shoulder boards..ie opened up, side by side, front and back off the tunic.

Fred

?

Obviously the button hole ribbons are post war additions but as far as I can tell the tunic is good. The question is when the insignia was put on.

Thanks Guys for your input on this.

John

Well gents, The M-43 tunic sold today. It went for 750.00. A little much for the amount of unknowns with this. And no I didn't buy it.

John