Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

WWII German POW Letters, Patches - Help to Identify these?

Article about: I have some memorabilia that I'm curious as to the collectability and/or value of. These are: 1. Two handwritten letters from a German POW written to a US Sgt. at Fort Crockett, Texas. The r

teacherlady52
    ?

Default WWII German POW Letters, Patches - Help to Identify these?

I have some memorabilia that I'm curious as to the collectability and/or value of. These are:

1. Two handwritten letters from a German POW written to a US Sgt. at Fort Crockett, Texas. The return address on these two letters says: Prisoner of War Post, Service Des Prisonniers De Guerre, Kriegsfangennenpost.

2. A third letter with no envelope, handwritten and apparently also sent to this same Sgt at Ft. Crockett, Texas.

3. Three photos indicating that they are photos of these German POW letter writers.

4. Two uniform patches with swastikas on them.

5. One uniform patch that may have also come from a German uniform - no swastika on this one - looks like maybe stripes to indicate rank?

How would I identify these items and determine if these are something that a collector might be interested in purchasing. I'm not a collector and know nothing about militaria, so I'm hoping to get some assistance about these and their potential value? I could email photos to anyone who might like to see these items. They were part of a lot of paper memorabilia I purchased.

Thanks ahead of time for any help!

teacherlady52
    cpitman@woh.rr.com

2. # ADS

?

Default Re: WWII German POW Letters, Patches - Help to Identify these?

If you post photos on this thread the members will tell you what you have. With out photos its hard to say. Gary

teacherlady52
    ?

Smile Re: WWII German POW Letters, Patches - Help to Identify these?

Thanks for the quick response. I took a few photos of some of the items. Hope this helps with the identification. I'm sorry the photos aren't the greatest as far as clarity, but I think this will give everyone a visual that will help.

Appreciate any feedback!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WWII German POW Letters, Patches - Help to Identify these?   WWII German POW Letters, Patches - Help to Identify these?  

WWII German POW Letters, Patches - Help to Identify these?   WWII German POW Letters, Patches - Help to Identify these?  

WWII German POW Letters, Patches - Help to Identify these?   WWII German POW Letters, Patches - Help to Identify these?  

Hi, welcome to the forum!

The insignia is all original. The breast eagles are for the Kriegsmarine (Navy) and the Heer (Army) tropical issue for the Afrikakorps. The chevrons are tropical rank insignia.

Cheers, Ade.

teacherlady52
    ?

Thanks for the info - are these pretty common? Any idea of the value of these items in total? I'd like to sell them, but have no idea what they might be worth.

Thanks

Carol

Hello,
    insignia look indeed original, but a closer and clearer shot of the tropical breast eagle might be needed, just to be sure.
    It is worth at least $300-350 on the market today, so a good shot could be worth it...
    Ade, the chevrons are for the off-white M33 fatigue HBT... (the tresse for tropical insignia is yellow coloured)
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

teacherlady52
    ?

Wink Re: WWII German POW Letters, Patches - Help to Identify these?

I will ask my husband to take some better photos and post those - maybe tomorrow. Thanks for the information - I had no idea about what they were or the values.

Are the letters collectible? There are 4 of them --- 3 are in English and one is written in German. I think I made an error when I said I had three letter; there are actually four of them.

Last question for the night... where can I advertise this collection for sale? What do you recommend? eBay has rules against the Nazi memorabilia, I think - is that correct?

Appreciate your comments, and your support!

Carol

?

Hi, there is a for sale section on this forum where you could sell them, as for ebay you will get them removed even if you cover the swastika,i am sure they will sell quickly on here,nice looking bits by the way rgds Dave

teacherlady52
    ?

Thanks, Dave! I appreciate the note. I am new to this forum as you have probably figured out and didn't realize there was a 'for sale' section yet.

Have a great day!

Carol