Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

WWII or later

Article about: Hello, New here, I recently got this coat at a militaria auction, it was described as an WWII Oberleutnant zur See U-Boat coat. I bought it to wear but I have had some comments stating it ma

Recoil Rob
    ?

Default WWII or later

Hello,

New here, I recently got this coat at a militaria auction, it was described as an WWII Oberleutnant zur See U-Boat coat.

I bought it to wear but I have had some comments stating it may actually be a " an old (70s-80s) West German "Wasserschutzpolizei" jacket, which can be roughly translated as river patrol police, responsible for security and policing of inland waterways".

My coat came with the shoulder-boards pictured, in place on the shoulders, and the back of the buttons are marked "Overhoff & Cie".

I know Overhoff made buttons , buckles and such for the Third Reich but were they still in operation in the 1970-80's? If I knew I might be able to narrow the dates disown.

thanks,

Rob

2. # ADS

Default Re: WWII or later

And still in business today

I don't think that the jacket you show is WW2 era. I think the later description you gave is more correct

Default Re: WWII or later

nice coat all the same!!

john do you think those companys still have buckle and insignia dies & spesifications or better still buckles and pieces or would these be long gone? still i would like a rumbble through the bottom of there store room