Your opinion on this eagle

Article about: Good evening guys, The eagle you see in the picture belongs to my colleague. He is a collector of British, Canadian and American militaria and he has this one eagle and wants to give it to m

?

Default Your opinion on this breast eagle

Good evening guys,

The breast eagle you see in the picture belongs to my colleague. He is a collector of British, Canadian and American militaria and he has this one eagle and wants to give it to me, because he is not interested in it. But I told him I had doubts about it being real and I donīt know if I want a fake one, even if itīs for free. I have been searching through older threads here to look for possible similar eagles and I found one. I have been checking out the details and comparing it with my colleagues eagle. But I still have doubts about the eagle being real and thatīs why Iīm asking for your opinions.
    I have tried to point out the parts of the eagle wich I am concerned of with red arrows. Itīs the edge of the wings and the two lines of stitching I pointed out. Also the overall look of the eagle is to neat. The eagle on the green cloth is the one I found on this forum and I used it for reference and comparison. I hope that wasnīt a problem.
    Sorry for the long post and thank you for your opinions.

Greetings, Dschop
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo_editor_1465839753928.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	145.0 KB 
ID:	971377   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Reference Eagle.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	138.4 KB 
ID:	971378  

Last edited by Dschop; 06-13-2016 at 09:59 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

It is a copy.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

That's what I expected. And now I know I should trust my own judgement some more. Thank you Adrian!

Hello,

It is definitely a reproduction as Ade states.

Fred

?

There is much more that points this as a fake other than your arrows...

?

Thanks for the replies. I'm still learning. But like I said, I didn't like the overall look of this one.