Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Your opinion on this eagle

Article about: Good evening guys, The eagle you see in the picture belongs to my colleague. He is a collector of British, Canadian and American militaria and he has this one eagle and wants to give it to m

?

Default Your opinion on this breast eagle

Good evening guys,

The breast eagle you see in the picture belongs to my colleague. He is a collector of British, Canadian and American militaria and he has this one eagle and wants to give it to me, because he is not interested in it. But I told him I had doubts about it being real and I don´t know if I want a fake one, even if it´s for free. I have been searching through older threads here to look for possible similar eagles and I found one. I have been checking out the details and comparing it with my colleagues eagle. But I still have doubts about the eagle being real and that´s why I´m asking for your opinions.
    I have tried to point out the parts of the eagle wich I am concerned of with red arrows. It´s the edge of the wings and the two lines of stitching I pointed out. Also the overall look of the eagle is to neat. The eagle on the green cloth is the one I found on this forum and I used it for reference and comparison. I hope that wasn´t a problem.
    Sorry for the long post and thank you for your opinions.

Greetings, Dschop
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Your opinion on this eagle   Your opinion on this eagle  

Last edited by Rik.S; 06-13-2016 at 08:59 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Your opinion on this eagle
    P
    Many

It is a copy.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

That's what I expected. And now I know I should trust my own judgement some more. Thank you Adrian!

Hello,

It is definitely a reproduction as Ade states.

Fred

?

There is much more that points this as a fake other than your arrows...

?

Thanks for the replies. I'm still learning. But like I said, I didn't like the overall look of this one.