Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

2ND Alcoso Slant...

Article about: Hello friends, here is a recent find and addition to my collection. ACS Heer with the hard to find second type guard. Brass based hilt fittings, steel scabbard, and the first example I have

Default 2ND Alcoso Slant...

Hello friends, here is a recent find and addition to my collection. ACS Heer with the hard to find second type guard. Brass based hilt fittings, steel scabbard, and the first example I have seen with a slant grip! Hope you enjoy, comments invited and like to see your examples with this guard, especially if it's a slant! Kevin.

2ND Alcoso Slant...2ND Alcoso Slant...2ND Alcoso Slant...2ND Alcoso Slant...2ND Alcoso Slant...2ND Alcoso Slant...2ND Alcoso Slant...2ND Alcoso Slant...2ND Alcoso Slant...2ND Alcoso Slant...2ND Alcoso Slant...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 2ND Alcoso Slant...
    P
    Many

Very, very nice! Beautiful hand detailing to the pommel, and the cross guard. Thanks for sharing!

A lovely example Kevin!
    Congrats on adding this one to your collection.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Hi Kevin,

Thats a nice piece, lovely slant grip & detailed eagle crossguard

Sweet blade as well, Congrats !!

How many Heer daggers do you have now in your collection ?

Regards Mac 66.

Hi Kevin, very nice dagger! I always like to see dagger like that - perfectly conditioned very hard to find (or impossible) variation of dagger. I have similar Alcoso 2nd. pattern, but without slant grip and not in Top condition. Head of eagle in my crossguard is different - eye is almost worn off My question is, are there any numbers on grip or other parts of dagger?

Thanks a lot for showing this dagger to us!

Best regards Peter
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 2ND Alcoso Slant...   2ND Alcoso Slant...  

?

That's a stunning piece Kevin! Congretulations on finding this rare dagger!

Danny

Thanks all!

Peter, THANKS for posting your ACS beauty! Funny you should bring up the number on your grip end, my ACS 2nd has no numbers but a WKC I have with initial production fittings and a non slant grip like this has the same #26 on the end like that! There must have been a batch of these grips made initially on the appearance of the non slant or "c" grip that were all marked like this, haven't seen this on anything but very early examples with early fittings! Kevin.

Great dagger Kevin..but a producer logo question for the Heer collectors........ Alcoso...had a great number of logo variants..and used on a wide variety of daggers. We have seen F.W. Holler use 3 logo types... did Alcoso perform this same practice..with the use of other logos on their Heer produced daggers. Photos if possible....yea I know Im asking alot. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Yes they did.
    (In rough.)

1. type of Alcoso Heer dagger crossguard (1935 - 1936.), logo:
    (Same logo was used for a 2. type of Alcoso Heer crossguard. (1936.)

2ND Alcoso Slant...

2ND Alcoso Slant...

3. type of Alcoso Heer dagger crossguard (1936 - 1939), they use two logos:

2ND Alcoso Slant...

2ND Alcoso Slant...

2ND Alcoso Slant...

4. type of Alcoso Heer crossguard High Lift (1939 or 1940 - 1942), logo:

2ND Alcoso Slant...

2ND Alcoso Slant...

After Alex Coppel ends up in the ghetto 1942, Alcoso Solingen introduces new logo:

2ND Alcoso Slant...

Regards
    Vedran

Quote by PeterCollector View Post
    Hi Kevin, very nice dagger! I always like to see dagger like that - perfectly conditioned very hard to find (or impossible) variation of dagger. I have similar Alcoso 2nd. pattern, but without slant grip and not in Top condition. Head of eagle in my crossguard is different - eye is almost worn off My question is, are there any numbers on grip or other parts of dagger?

Thanks a lot for showing this dagger to us!

Best regards Peter
    Peter, almost all early eary Alcoso Solingen products have a number of the parts.
    As an example, this ACS Kingdom of Yugoslavia M1920 saber.
    On this sabre blade, handle, basket and lionhead should be marked, with the same number.

Regards
    Vedran
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 2ND Alcoso Slant...   2ND Alcoso Slant...  

2ND Alcoso Slant...  
    Last edited by Rancid66; 03-31-2014 at 05:57 AM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast