Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Aluminum Eickhorn Heer Dagger

Article about: I posted this dagger in another thread, but don't want to hijack the thread with comment irrelevant to the topic. So I will elaborate here. I am always interested in unusual daggers produced

Default Aluminum Eickhorn Heer Dagger

I posted this dagger in another thread, but don't want to hijack the thread with comment irrelevant to the topic. So I will elaborate here.
    I am always interested in unusual daggers produced by major manufacturers. These are often discounted as parts daggers, and are certainly not textbook. I don't mind owning them for study.
    These two all aluminum daggers are identical. The originate from different sources. One is more worn than the other.
    All fittings as well as the scabbard are made of aluminum with a heavy plating. Note the tapered tang with a later makers mark. The eagle has a strong resemblance to the first model crossguard. The scabbard throat is formed in one piece with the shell. If anyone has a similar example, I would love to see it.

Wolfgang

First the two daggers:
    Aluminum Eickhorn Heer DaggerAluminum Eickhorn Heer Dagger

And some details:

Aluminum Eickhorn Heer DaggerAluminum Eickhorn Heer DaggerAluminum Eickhorn Heer DaggerAluminum Eickhorn Heer DaggerAluminum Eickhorn Heer Dagger

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Aluminum Eickhorn Heer Dagger
    P
    Many

?

Thx for posting, i think Alu adds something to the dagger so i always liked the daggers with alumium parts, as well as in Heer as in SA daggers.
    Ive never seen an all alumium type Heer dagger like the daggers you show here.
    The way you present them is fabulous, great pictures.
    Ive seen of course the Pack daggers with their alumium guards but never with a scabbard of the same material.
    So im glad you bringing them up.

Ger

?

Nice daggers friend.

I never saw aluminium dagger made by Eickhorn! Great dagger and valuable information which I learn today...

I´m big fan of daggers like this, which is not standard textbook example.

Well, thanks for that

Peter

Hi Wolfgang your knowledge is always welcome and warranted. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Thanks for posting these beauties Wolfgang. These are the non-textbook daggers I like Perhaps is was some kind of experiment by Eickhorn to try different materials. You can clearly see the typical Eickhorn features on all parts of the dagger. Very interesting and I learned something new today.

Danny

Wolfgang great daggers. These all aluminum Eickhorns are very rare and not well known amongst Heer collectors. A variation I am looking for and hope to add to my collection one day.

These examples fall right in line with another example I had the privilege to examine in hand. Nice and super rare Heers! Congrats..Kevin

The excellent toning enhances these two beauties. And that lovely dark handle! Was aluminum used in heer daggers by other makers?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Aluminum Eickhorn Heer Dagger  

Quote by T Kendall View Post
    Wolfgang great daggers. These all aluminum Eickhorns are very rare and not well known amongst Heer collectors. A variation I am looking for and hope to add to my collection one day.
    Thank you Tom. I have only seen the two I own. Production numbers must have been very low. Maybe an experimental run abandoned due to relatively poor definition of details?
    The guard details are still better than some of the Alcoso ferric guards however.
    Wolfgang

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast