Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Anton Wingen 1st Crossguard - Army Dagger

Article about: My Wingen 1st has arrived. There was a spot on the scabbard in the seller photos that looked like it might be a dent, and turned out to in fact be a dent. The blade sadly is a little worse t

Here are the illustrations Kevin refers to. Seems I need to revisit a few of my portepee ties on a few of my daggers As Danny said many officers had custom ties as they didn’t know the regulation or ignored it.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Anton Wingen 1st Crossguard - Army Dagger
    P
    Many

Custom tie

Lol, awesome. You have to admit, these are a pain to tie. I considered inventing a teleportepee device to put it on for me. That actually might be easier. I bet I could sell a few here too.

Tom, thanks a million for that diagram. That's really helpful. The dagger I modeled the tie I ended up with on was tied like the one on the left, but with the knot going under the tie.

Scott

Quote by T Kendall View Post
    Custom tie

Using Tom's diagram, I've fixed the tie off error on my dagger. I know others might be trying to figure this out, and search the forum for tying information, so I thought I'd post a few pictures of the early style (left in diagram) tie. I actually like this tie style look, and it's easier than trying to stuff the knot under the left side wraparound.

My method is to set the "loop" for the top first, but put it on last.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Quote by T Kendall View Post
    Here are the illustrations Kevin refers to. Seems I need to revisit a few of my portepee ties on a few of my daggers As Danny said many officers had custom ties as they didn’t know the regulation or ignored it.

I always wondered why far most portepees found on army daggers are tied in the "new" way. Like most of Tom's early daggers, also my early ones mostly have a portepee that is tied in the new style. When I look in the refference books I see the same thing. But in most original pictures of daggers being worn the portepee is tied in the old way. Could this mean that the original owners changed the tie themselves or was it done by collectors? I wasn't around in the "old days" of collecting german daggers so I have no idea. I would like to hear what others think.

Danny

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3