Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Anton Wingen Jnr early

Article about: Hello guys, just picked this early Anton Wingen Jnr dagger up at the military fair yesterday, has a lovley darkened grip (the flash has lightened it) and plated fittings and scabbard, I thin

Default Anton Wingen Jnr early

Hello guys, just picked this early Anton Wingen Jnr dagger up at the military fair yesterday, has a lovley darkened grip (the flash has lightened it) and plated fittings and scabbard, I think the crossguard is one of the lesser found one's but not 100% sure, any help would be appreciated the hangers are also early ones(seem to be solid brass)?? hope you like it as usual my pics don't do it justice
    cheers for now,
    Ronnie
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Anton Wingen Jnr early   Anton Wingen Jnr early  

Anton Wingen Jnr early   Anton Wingen Jnr early  

Anton Wingen Jnr early  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Anton Wingen Jnr early
    P
    Many

The dark red grip is superb!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Cheers William, I will get better daylight pics the flash does really spoil it

Hi Ronnie, very nice early Wingen dagger. I like handmade pommel which show a lot of silvering left, Crossguard is nice E-Pack 1st. type (maybe it is Wingen 1st.?) Early hangers are perfect and hard to find! I like your early Wingen dagger, we do not see it very often. Thanks for showing it!

Regards Peter

?

Hi Ronnie, congretulations on this find The crossguard is a typical first type Pack which is correct for this maker. The early pommel is correct too. The scabbard is a typical single screw WKC type. By the single screw you can tell it's mid-period. The early WKC scabbards had two side screws. Because of the different production periods it is possible that the scabbard is a later replacement. But with German daggers you can never be sure. In most cases early Wingen army daggers are found with a scabbard with two side screws. I love the grip by the way.

Danny

Cheers guys Danny your spot on mate it has a screw missing on one side, Peter, I noted the pommel has some very small discrepancies in it through showing it being hand done, as I say the flash has made it look a lot lighter so will try do some daytime pics thanks for the comments guys,
    cheers Ronnie

?

Hi Ronnie,

I,m not a collector of heer dags but i do like this one matey

looks uncleaned & the colour of the grip is lovely

Nice find, Congrats !

Mac 66.

?

Congrats Ronnie on a lovely set . This is just how i like to see them , still in great condition and also showing their age !! Well done mate , i love it
    REGARDS AL

We are the Pilgrims , master, we shall go
    Always a little further : it may be
    Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow
    Across that angry or that glimmering sea...

Danny, you have good eye! I did not focus on scabbard, but if I compare to mine early/mid scabbard made by W.K.C. https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/milit...n-dsc02331.jpg - this one is different, and if one screw is missing it can be W.K.C. from early period? Ronnie, but still you have lovely dagger, I also have one early Wingen dagger, but not in condition like yours and not with slant grip.

Regards Peter

?

Nice Slant you got there Ronnie, did i infected you with a Slant collecting virus?
    Lovely grip, these early daggers are the icing on the cake!

Great addition to your collection M8!

Ger

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast