Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Army Dagger with hanger please help to ID

Article about: also its missing tip of the blade , does it significantly affect value? also EICKHORN logo is not as i saw here on forum, maybe its a repro?

Default Army Dagger with hanger please help to ID

also its missing tip of the blade , does it significantly affect value?
    also EICKHORN logo is not as i saw here on forum, maybe its a repro?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Army Dagger with hanger please help to ID   Army Dagger with hanger please help to ID  

Army Dagger with hanger please help to ID   Army Dagger with hanger please help to ID  

Army Dagger with hanger please help to ID   Army Dagger with hanger please help to ID  

Army Dagger with hanger please help to ID  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Army Dagger with hanger please help to ID
    P
    Many

Another nice Eickhorn ruined by some fool GI or his kid sticking into something and snapping off the tip of the blade. A shame, as it Had been a good original. It even has it's portapee and hangers, which, by themselves alone, are worth value. The Makers Mark indicates that it was made in 1936-a fairly early dagger. Eickhorn used 4 different makers marks on Army daggers alone over the course of the war. 6 different for SA daggers and 10 different for SS daggers. This is not counting the Hitler Youth knives as well as the dress bayonets which also had a plethora of different marks for each.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

wow, thanks for info!

Hi, you have very nice TEXTBOOK Eickhorn army officer dagger. Marker mark on blade is less common small stamped squirrel, which Eickhorn use in 1940 (not in 1936), so it is not early dagger, but wartime produced piece, but still with great Eickhorn quality! I believe that hangers and knot belongs to this piece - DO NOT sell them separately. This dagger is great piece of history, despite its broken tip, it is not a big deal... I have friend who can fix it easily, but here in Europe, so I can´t help you with that...

And of course, broken tip reduce price, but only little part of it is missing, so price can´t go down significantly. Whole dagger is in untouched condition and many collectors (including me) will certainly add this dagger into collection. Believe me, don´t be sad about this tip...

Best regards Peter