Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Army Dagger by Tiger: Real, Repro or Parts Dagger?

Article about: Hello Everyone, Can I get some feedback on this dagger? Thanks, Tim

?

Default Army Dagger by Tiger: Real, Repro or Parts Dagger?

Hello Everyone,

Can I get some feedback on this dagger? Thanks, Tim

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Army Dagger by Tiger: Real, Repro or Parts Dagger?
    P
    Many

Looks good to me, a 4th model with 'B' type cross guard.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

Thanks Big Ned! Appreciate the feedback, I am new to German dagger collecting. Can you suggest a good reference book?

Hi 3T..you had the thread in the right forum..as this belongs in the Heer forum..which I will move it back there for you. A good source reference on this topic would be Tom Wittmans Exploring the Dress Daggers of the German Army. Wittmann Antique Militaria

Also check out the sticky threads at the top of the Heer forum..which are loaded with information and photos. Regards Larry

Check out this Sticky thread at the top by WRF member Jon "Degens" Heer Dagger Reference Tools in Identifying and collecting.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Sorry Ned its not a generic B guard.

Typical Generic A dagger, Tiger was one of those smaller companies that used Generic parts.
    Upgrade to an Ivory grip or etched blades could be ordered.
    This one has a later type C grip, produced from 1937-->1941/42

This dagger has a nice patina and looks fine to me.

Regards,
    Ger

I like this dagger. I'm fond of that crossguard too.

great stuff,amazing.....

Quote by gerrit View Post
    Sorry Ned its not a generic B guard.

Typical Generic A dagger, Tiger was one of those smaller companies that used Generic parts.
    Upgrade to an Ivory grip or etched blades could be ordered.
    This one has a later type C grip, produced from 1937-->1941/42

This dagger has a nice patina and looks fine to me.

Regards,
    Ger
    Damn you Heeresdolch.de Lauterjung "Tiger" !!!
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

Thanks to everyone that posted about the dagger! Larry, appreciate the reference to Wittmann's book. I picked it up and have been working through it the past few months. Awesome reference!

Glad to help out 3T...yet there is a greater expansion of learning to be found right here on the Heer forum from some of the greatest minds in collecting this type of dagger. Members such as World renown Tom Kendall..dr73.. Heers 68 ,, Gerrit . Tom Wittmanns book is a great starting point..and the icing on the cake can be found right within this Heer forum from those names I mentioned..and the exhaustive thread content also found therein. Enjoy your stay..and looking forward to any input you may have or edged beauties you would share with the community here. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill