Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Army officer dagger.

Article about: Hello. I have this dagger home and I wonder if it's real or fake? Thanks. Tommy

?

Default Army officer dagger.

Hello. I have this dagger home and I wonder if it's real or fake?
    Thanks.
    Tommy

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Army officer dagger.
    P
    Many

?

this is a well known fake....
    Sorry

Ger

I am not a dagger expert but I felt pretty good about myself, when I saw it fake jumped out immediately.
    Sorry about the dagger.

Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

fake dude

Quote by gerrit View Post
    this is a well known fake....Sorry Ger
    Not well known enough and maybe well known in those Heer circles but 2 other replies one not knowing about Heer daggers and the other just saying " fake ". Sorry to be brash but Gents a little more detail please.

The blade is fake or the whole dagger or just parts of the dagger ?

Is the blade real and the etch added?
    Need your help for the readers here to know why its fake without giving any help to the scammers out there.

any links to compare to?

Thankyou
    Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

One point to note is the swirling pattern to the dots on the scabbard. Originals have a random pattern.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Well Larry i think the portepee might stand a change to be Original......i think that will cover your questions LOL

Ger

I will not go into details but the guard and pommel are lacking details, the scabbard as Ade puts out is an easy to spot fake with it swirling pattern and fake pattern scabbardbands, the blade is a horrible one with a bad etch, which misses for example the oakleaves underneath the eagle, well i coulf continue but i wont...

Not my questions Ger ..but those other readers who may. Thankyou for the reply

My job is to keep the threads moving
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Hello.Thanks for good understanding i check it more after the holiday and come back with more info then.
    Thanks
    Tommy