Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Clemen and Jung Heer Dagger for review

Article about: Gentlemen. I welcome your expert thoughts on this Clemen and Jung Heer Dagger. It has the double stamped blade i.e. the Z in Crown over shield on the obverse with CLEMEN & JUNG SOLINGEN

?

Default Clemen and Jung Heer Dagger for review

Gentlemen. I welcome your expert thoughts on this Clemen and Jung Heer Dagger. It has the double stamped blade i.e. the Z in Crown over shield on the obverse with CLEMEN & JUNG SOLINGEN stamped on the reverse. The Pommel and Cross Guard appear to be brass with silver plate and the scabbard throat is secured with a single screw to the top rear. This dagger appears to match the one for sale on Wittys site. I welcome your expert thoughts.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Clemen and Jung Heer Dagger for review   Clemen and Jung Heer Dagger for review  

Clemen and Jung Heer Dagger for review  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Clemen and Jung Heer Dagger for review
    P
    Many

Nice Dagger and with a rare producer. I will move this thread to the Heer forum for further study..which the Heer Gents will be able to assist further in detail on this rare producer. Enjoy you stay and Welcome to the forum Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Thanks Larry. I look forward to further feedback from the Heer Gents.

HHMM, strange mix.. first time I have seen Pack 1st fittings on a C&J heer.. early version is typically seen with WKC initial fittings. The scabbard is a early Eickhorn transitional piece.. all parts highly cleaned (to hide different patinas?) Is the blade tang tapered or shouldered? Best, Kevin.

?

I agree with Kevin. I haven't seen this combination of fittings and maker mark eighter. I personally doubt that the dagger left the factory like this...

Best
    Danny

?

Danny, Kevin, thanks for the comments. I don't have the dagger with me at the moment but I think from memory it has a shouldered tank. Regarding the scabbard possibly being an early Eickhorn transitional piece, is this common to C&J daggers? I notice Wittmann has a C&J on his site with this style of scabbard.
    Thanks John.

I would expect a tapered tang with these fittings IF they have a chance of being original.. Never seen a Eickhorn scabbard with a Pack fitted dagger.. Kevin.

?

Thanks Kevin. Can you explain please what you mean by a Pack 1st fittings?

?

Kevin is referring to the crossguard. It's a type 1 Pack. Just look here:
    wardaggers.com - German Army Dagger Crossguard Makers Reference
    You can find almost every crossguard there.

Best
    Danny

?

Thanks Danny. All makes sense now.

Does this therefore prove this dagger is a parts piece, or is there an element of doubt that it could still be a 100% genuine period piece? All the fittings fit together snugly as expected and appear to have been mated for a very long time.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast