Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Daggers with unmarked blades

Article about: I have recently come across some German daggers with unmarked blades. I discarded them as fakes or repros and moved on, but then I started to think about it. Fakers who try to make daggers u

?

Default Daggers with unmarked blades

I have recently come across some German daggers with unmarked blades.
    I discarded them as fakes or repros and moved on, but then I started to think about it.
    Fakers who try to make daggers usually have faked makers marks and that's how you spot them.

Is there any original daggers without a makers mark on the blade?

Here is one example.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Daggers with unmarked blades  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Daggers with unmarked blades
    P
    Many

Hi mpnox, Yes there are plenty of real daggers without maker marks, I am sure someone else can give you a more in depth answer but they are mostly called unnatributed daggers, I know that none of the TR red cross daggers are maker marked on the blade and alot of heer and luftwaffe daggers are unmarked, sometimes they are late war parts daggers and advanced collectors can break down each part and tell you who most likely produced it. But fakes come in all shapes and sizes and the devil is in the details, so as always post something here with nice clear close up photos before you buy, it will save you alot of money down the road. And also the maker mark will always be on the back of the blade except for some WKC models.
    Max

Hi,
    many dagger of Wehrmacht army, Lutwaffe or another units were unmarked blades. There were a lot of reasons why some producers do not put its mark into the blade. If you have time, please go and check my two threads:

Luftwaffe dagger collection: Luftwaffe daggers collection - I show there one very nice unmarked dagger made from generic parts - 100% authentic

Wehrmacht dagger collection: https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/dagge...ection-319419/ - I show there two unmarked dagger - one W.K.C. - this was one of the biggest producer of WH daggers and it is interesting to note, that some dagger which he produced has no marker mark on blade! It is typical for W.K.C... Next dagger is early E. & F Horster dagger - extremely rare, despite it has no marker mark. Both daggers are also 100% authentic. Please read the description on each dagger and you can learn something.

Remember, it is shame to say that dagger is reproduction, because it has no marker mark... Try to study this daggers and you can purchase very nice WH/Luftwaffe dagger without marker mark for very good price, because other things that it is reproduction and leave it! In future I will certainly add unmarked daggers into my collection if I like them.

Hope it helps.
    Peter
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Daggers with unmarked blades   Daggers with unmarked blades  

Daggers with unmarked blades  

There are also unmarked KM's out there as well...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

There certainly are..... I own an unmarked KM and an unmarked WKC 2nd Luft

Hi Gentleman, i found this post about unmarked blades and desire to know your opinions about the Heer dagger in my collection. Need your opinions if this is a good one or fake?

Daggers with unmarked bladesDaggers with unmarked bladesDaggers with unmarked bladesDaggers with unmarked bladesDaggers with unmarked bladesDaggers with unmarked bladesDaggers with unmarked bladesDaggers with unmarked bladesDaggers with unmarked bladesDaggers with unmarked bladesDaggers with unmarked bladesDaggers with unmarked bladesDaggers with unmarked bladesDaggers with unmarked bladesDaggers with unmarked bladesDaggers with unmarked blades

?

Hi alexbins, your dagger is a WKC type 4 and has the late unplated grey look to all the fittings. The scabbard I think is an Eickhorn which I believe is fine as WKC used their scabbards on their later army daggers. All fittings match so as far as I can tell everything is ok and looks original to me but see what others say.

?

Tomaz is correct its a WKC 4 also called Tomahawk, and indeed WKC used Eickhorn scabbards, but they adjusted them to the WKC typical feature of the one sidescrew, instead of the large backside screw that Eickhorn used.
    In Our Book one is shown on page 238 and 239
    Regards,
    Ger
    Daggers with unmarked bladesDaggers with unmarked blades

I as well have an unmarked WWII German Army Dagger, which I just purchased. I did some research as well. From what I can tell mine is a real one. Due to the markings on the scabbard and the shape on the inside of the handle. Information I picked up on another web site. To everyone who replied to this post thank you for the helpful information.

Hello GRK...if you have a dagger to post please create a thread for it and not add to this thread.
    It would gain greater attention and study within its own thread.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast