Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

DeNazified Eickhorn

Article about: Hello All, not really being a dagger collector I spotted this on a local flea market stall this morning. Apart from it being denazified I thought it looked quite tidy. ....My last attempt at

Default DeNazified Eickhorn

Hello All,
    not really being a dagger collector I spotted this on a local flea market stall this morning.
    Apart from it being denazified I thought it looked quite tidy.
    ....My last attempt at buying an army dagger resulted in me buying a 'parts' piece but this one seems to be a wholesome beast and any opinions or advice would be appreciated as I think sourcing an unadulterated type 4 cross guard would make this dagger far more appealing?

All the best
    Doug

DeNazified EickhornDeNazified EickhornDeNazified EickhornDeNazified Eickhorn

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement DeNazified Eickhorn
    P
    Many

During the denazification the eagle lost his feet too. Lol.

?

Looks like its been neatly filed off where the feet and swastika were and also for some reason the cross-guard ends. From what I know about army's which isn't a lot it looks like all the parts are correct but wait for the army guys to comment. I would leave this cross-guard on the dagger as it could be the original one and changing it would be changing its history and would be creating a parts dagger even if its with the correct type of cross-guard. It also encourages people to break up daggers and sell for parts if they know people are going to buy them. Good luck and hope its a correct piece this time for you.

Thanks for the input Tomaz.
    I have not come across anybody at the moment selling off bits of daggers.
    I was thinking that putting on a new crossguard would make it look a little better in my office display. Of course I would keep the original part and when the time comes for it to go it can go with both the original and replaced piece.
    All the best
    Doug