Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Dienstdolch der Generalstab ?!?

Article about: Hello everone! A Dienstdolch/Heerdagger is offered on a auctionsite together with a few items I might post here later to get a opinion about! But this strange red grip caught my atention! Ne

Default Dienstdolch der Generalstab ?!?

Hello everone!

A Dienstdolch/Heerdagger is offered on a auctionsite together with a few items I might post here later to get a opinion about!

But this strange red grip caught my atention!

Never came across this red color on a Heerdagger ever, so whats your thoughts ?

Maker is Clemen & Jung, Solingen

Dienstdolch der Generalstab ?!?Dienstdolch der Generalstab ?!?Dienstdolch der Generalstab ?!?
    Dienstdolch der Generalstab ?!?Dienstdolch der Generalstab ?!?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Dienstdolch der Generalstab ?!?
    P
    Many

Hi, i know very little about TR blades but i think this may be a fake/fantasy etching!...

Hello Beefheron welcome to the forum..I moved your thread to the Heer forum..the guys there will give you their thoughts on this dagger..as i myslef never encountered a red grip on a Heer dagger. Best Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

I think the grip and the blade are post war. The rest of the dagger is made of original parts. The scabbard and pommel seem to be early production parts. The crossguard is a typical generic A style example.

Danny

I've seen some strange colors with postwar grips that were made that way. And comparable postwar blades. Bottom line IMO - an "upgrade" that is not - and is now just parts good and bad. . Regards, Fred

?

This is the third time in about 4 months that an " Generalstab Heeres Dolch" with an etching like this came by on a Militaria321 auction, all were bad parts daggers with post war etched blades.
    That site sells more crap bthen you can imagine, every month i see someone get screwed for big bucks.
    Post them here before buying, Mil321 is the worst site i have ver see, lots of postwar fakes and postwar fantasy etched daggers, but once in a while ( big while mostly ) a good one comes along

Cheers,
    Ger

This dagger is at an auction in Sweden right now. It will go on sale in about 10 days.
    At about the same time an SA Rohm dagger came online. I think I will make a thread about that one in the SA dagger forum.

?

Chris maybe this seller in Sweden has the same supplier as the Miltaria321 seller?
    a little advise: better stick a bit to the textbook, might save a lot of cash

Ger

Quote by gerrit View Post
    Chris maybe this seller in Sweden has the same supplier as the Miltaria321 seller?
    a little advise: better stick a bit to the textbook, might save a lot of cash

Ger
    You may be absolutely right.
    I have no interest in this dagger, but I am pretty sure the auction house has no idea about it´s "real history".

hi friend, I agree with Danny and Ger. Blade, grip and knot si reproduction. In my opinion pommel is also postwar, I saw some similar pommels which were reproductions, but I´m not sure. mil321 sell a lot of reproduction, I never buy something from them!

Peter

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast