Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Early Heer dagger by SMF with Slant grip

Article about: This one is a textbook SMF Slant. Its in very good condition, having a straight scabbard, no dents. I love these type of Slant grips, great color, only minus is a little chip on top by the p

?

Default Early Heer dagger by SMF with Slant grip

This one is a textbook SMF Slant.
    Its in very good condition, having a straight scabbard, no dents.
    I love these type of Slant grips, great color, only minus is a little chip on top by the pommel on the backside.
    It had a nice blade with only a few tiny spots and lots of grain.
    It comes with the typical crossguard eagle and pommel that SMF used.
    Enjoy the pics, its a lovely dagger.
    Cheers,
    Ger
    Early Heer dagger by SMF with Slant gripEarly Heer dagger by SMF with Slant gripEarly Heer dagger by SMF with Slant gripEarly Heer dagger by SMF with Slant gripEarly Heer dagger by SMF with Slant gripEarly Heer dagger by SMF with Slant gripEarly Heer dagger by SMF with Slant gripEarly Heer dagger by SMF with Slant gripEarly Heer dagger by SMF with Slant gripEarly Heer dagger by SMF with Slant gripEarly Heer dagger by SMF with Slant gripEarly Heer dagger by SMF with Slant gripEarly Heer dagger by SMF with Slant grip

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Early Heer dagger by SMF with Slant grip
    P
    Many

Another great dagger Ger. I love the distinctive, unique bird on the SMF daggers.
    It seems SMF only made very few Heer daggers, but were very prolific producers of Luftwaffe daggers.

Wolfgang

?

Always a pleasure to see a nice early heer dagger! This one is no exception. It's in great shape. A textbook piece with all the nice details you like to see on an early SMF army dagger

Danny

?

This dagger oozes class Ger ! Super scabbard bands and pommel .
    REGARDS AL

We are the Pilgrims , master, we shall go
    Always a little further : it may be
    Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow
    Across that angry or that glimmering sea...

Nice piece as Wolfgang stated the crossguard bird features are characteristic to this maker and the bonus is the slant grip

Nice piece.

Mario

?

Nice solid example.

Just love the eagle on the SMF some nice army daggers out on here this month
    cheers Ronnie

Question Gents for our readers and myself...what separates the Heer dagger from the Luftwaffe dagger...not having the waffen amt marking above the makers logo? Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Larry the blades are identical, so when there is no LW Waffen Amt markings, you can switch blades.

Ger

Another nice slant Ger, I think SMF made a very unique early dagger with the light metal fittings and flush mount scabbard screws. These are the lightest slant grip you will find! My two examples are almost identicle except one of them has a non tapered tang, perhaps one of the very few slant gripped daggers to be available with that..I have heard that there were some initial SMF Heers made with brass based fittings but I have yet to hold one! Kevin.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast