Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Early Heer dagger by Voos with the large Logo

Article about: This Voos comes with the large early Voos Logo and a plated blade. Pityfull these early plated blades easily show runnermarks damage to the plating, this is also the case with this blade. Bl

?

Default Early Heer dagger by Voos with the large Logo

This Voos comes with the large early Voos Logo and a plated blade.
    Pityfull these early plated blades easily show runnermarks damage to the plating, this is also the case with this blade.
    Blade is undamaged but has some plate lifting.
    Other then that you will have a hard time finding a better example then this one!
    Its a great slim grip with a lovely dark colour, in hand its a bit darker then it appears on pics.
    The pommel and Eagle are lovely enhanced.
    Guard is hard to tell, early generic? or still unattributed, fact is that Danny has an early Clemen & Jung with exactly the same guard.
    Enjoy this great dagger!
    Regards,
    Ger
    Early Heer dagger by Voos with the large LogoEarly Heer dagger by Voos with the large LogoEarly Heer dagger by Voos with the large LogoEarly Heer dagger by Voos with the large LogoEarly Heer dagger by Voos with the large LogoEarly Heer dagger by Voos with the large LogoEarly Heer dagger by Voos with the large LogoEarly Heer dagger by Voos with the large LogoEarly Heer dagger by Voos with the large LogoEarly Heer dagger by Voos with the large LogoEarly Heer dagger by Voos with the large LogoEarly Heer dagger by Voos with the large LogoEarly Heer dagger by Voos with the large LogoEarly Heer dagger by Voos with the large LogoEarly Heer dagger by Voos with the large LogoEarly Heer dagger by Voos with the large LogoEarly Heer dagger by Voos with the large LogoEarly Heer dagger by Voos with the large LogoEarly Heer dagger by Voos with the large LogoEarly Heer dagger by Voos with the large LogoEarly Heer dagger by Voos with the large Logo

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Early Heer dagger by Voos with the large Logo
    P
    Many

Very nice gerrit, that pommel looks just like the one on my wingen with the early generic guard and love that voos maker mark.

Ger these early Voos are some interesting daggers they come in many variations. I would say this one is fitted with a WKC Type-1 fist I have seen like this that I remember nice variation.

?

Interesting piece, the top half of the hilt ( grip & pommel ) are typical of what you see on Voos transitional mid period armies that came with a variety of different cross-guards. I have a Pack 3rd fitted Voos with the same pommel, ferrule and scabbard.
    Not sure I have seen a WKC 1st used on a Voos either although they seem to have used everything else at some point so no reason why not.
    I take it the blade is a tapered tang with that maker mark?.

The firm also used Pack 1st's and early fittings and blade, also matched the later type B grip so nothing unusual or anything to worry about this one. A bit like the configuration Heller used, later grips, plated blades etc.

Very nice Ger.

Interesting Voos. As others here have said, I think Voos may have been the master of variations, especialy in the first couple years of Heer production! I think the guard and scabbard are initial production WKC.. but then the Ferrell, grip and pommel speak Pack to me IMO. I have a Pack second I have recently shared here that has this very slender non-slant grip. Neat dagger, and a very popular MM for Voos! Congrats.. Kevin.

?

Thank you for the kind words and expertise you all contributed
    Comparing the 2 crossguards, this one and my WKC 1st Paul Seilheimer i posted last week, i would say its def. a WKC 1st.
    The head enhancements are completely different but the basis is a WKC 1st Guard.
    The grip on this one is slightly slimmer then others i have and perfectly fits the pommel.
    Jon it has a tapered tang.
    Gents your thoughts and info are highly appreciated!
    Regards,
    Ger

What can I say...all the Top Guns already commented ...let me see if I can find a few more Daisies to pick and give you my compliments. As usual A great find that landed on your front step as now I also have a piece of your Front step

A first for me to see the larger Logo Voos Type. Overall the dagger is beautiful. What are the stripes in the blade or is that a background shadow. Best Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Ger, There are two versions of the initial production WKC brass based guard, yours is in my opinion the second version. Here I show both versions (Both WKC marked daggers), the first and earlier in my experience is on the left. The second or later version is seen more often with non-slant grips (once again, IMO). I think the difference in the head shape is just a result of the amount of hand enhancement, be interested in others experience with this anomaly? Kevin.

Early Heer dagger by Voos with the large LogoEarly Heer dagger by Voos with the large LogoEarly Heer dagger by Voos with the large Logo

?

@Larry, what you see it a bit of chrome lifting on the blade.
    @Kevin, thanks for adding these lovely guards, enchancement do changed the appearance of these guards, so that they sometimes look quite different, nice to see this variaty

Thx!
    Ger

?

Quote by Larry C View Post
    As usual A great find that landed on your front step as now I also have a piece of your Front step
    Best Regards Larry
    Well post that piece.... and the other part of the box we will finish this evening

Ger

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast