Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Early Heer out of the woodwork, Named....

Article about: Hello folks, haven't been posting much lately but this one sparked my interest.. the previous owner was a bit cleaning happy but this is a very early piece fresh out of the woodwork in the w

Kevin Nice early piece , Thanks for sharing .

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Want one of these too. Well done

Hi Kevin, nice early Eickhorn! I tri to compare pommel with mine, and in some way they are similar, but only use different kind of handwork, maybe one employer of Eickhorn factory want to try something different - in early months of production we see many variations of handwork on each producer parts. Pommel is also similar to E. Packīs pommels. Unmarked blade is OK for me, I also saw many slant daggers in untouched condition with unmarked blades, theory with uniform store is in my opinion correct.

Thanks for showing this nice dagger!

Best regards

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC01015.JPG 
Views:	4 
Size:	126.9 KB 
ID:	894610   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC01050.JPG 
Views:	5 
Size:	90.2 KB 
ID:	894611  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC02286.JPG 
Views:	3 
Size:	87.0 KB 
ID:	894612  

Hello Peter! Thanks for comments, I think you are right.. I believe the pommel is a Eickhorn variation, it seems they had so many slight variations on their initial pommels?? Really very unique to these early Eicks! Best, Kevin.

Hi Kevin, I saw several Eickhorn 1st. crossguards, and many of them were the same in every way, but som of them were different at first look. I have also two Eickhorn 1st. crossguards and they are much different! So I agree with you too pommel is Eickhorn product. I have one question, Eickhorn use its initials on early blade tangs - my slant Eickhor has "C.E." on tang, but another has frozen pommel, so I canīt look at it. If the blade tang has "C.E." we can be 100% sure that blade is Eickhorn, if not, it is not a big deal, sometimes Eickhorn initial is missing on blade tang. If it is possible looka at the tang

best regards

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12