Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Early Hörster Heeresdolch with WKC 1st pattern crossguard and internaly numbered

Article about: This is an army dagger that you will not encounter often, its an early Hörster fitted with the first type WKC crossguard. If you are Lucky you can find these early ones numbered on tang, gua

?

Default Early Hörster Heeresdolch with WKC 1st pattern crossguard and internaly numbered

This is an army dagger that you will not encounter often, its an early Hörster fitted with the first type WKC crossguard.
    If you are Lucky you can find these early ones numbered on tang, guard and pommel.
    This one comes with the "2" markings, its completely untouced, the only thing i did was oiling the blade, as it suffered from surface rust.
    It still has its needle sharp tip, its not sharpened but has dark stains but also crossgrain can be seen.
    This one can only be assembled one way, otherwise the grip wont fit, i love these high quality heavy daggers!
    Enjoy this rare bird.
    Regards,
    Ger
    Early Hörster Heeresdolch with WKC 1st pattern crossguard and internaly numberedEarly Hörster Heeresdolch with WKC 1st pattern crossguard and internaly numberedEarly Hörster Heeresdolch with WKC 1st pattern crossguard and internaly numberedEarly Hörster Heeresdolch with WKC 1st pattern crossguard and internaly numberedEarly Hörster Heeresdolch with WKC 1st pattern crossguard and internaly numberedEarly Hörster Heeresdolch with WKC 1st pattern crossguard and internaly numberedEarly Hörster Heeresdolch with WKC 1st pattern crossguard and internaly numberedEarly Hörster Heeresdolch with WKC 1st pattern crossguard and internaly numberedEarly Hörster Heeresdolch with WKC 1st pattern crossguard and internaly numberedEarly Hörster Heeresdolch with WKC 1st pattern crossguard and internaly numberedEarly Hörster Heeresdolch with WKC 1st pattern crossguard and internaly numberedEarly Hörster Heeresdolch with WKC 1st pattern crossguard and internaly numberedEarly Hörster Heeresdolch with WKC 1st pattern crossguard and internaly numberedEarly Hörster Heeresdolch with WKC 1st pattern crossguard and internaly numberedEarly Hörster Heeresdolch with WKC 1st pattern crossguard and internaly numberedEarly Hörster Heeresdolch with WKC 1st pattern crossguard and internaly numberedEarly Hörster Heeresdolch with WKC 1st pattern crossguard and internaly numberedEarly Hörster Heeresdolch with WKC 1st pattern crossguard and internaly numberedEarly Hörster Heeresdolch with WKC 1st pattern crossguard and internaly numberedEarly Hörster Heeresdolch with WKC 1st pattern crossguard and internaly numberedEarly Hörster Heeresdolch with WKC 1st pattern crossguard and internaly numberedEarly Hörster Heeresdolch with WKC 1st pattern crossguard and internaly numbered

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Early Hörster Heeresdolch with WKC 1st pattern crossguard and internaly numbered
    P
    Many

?

To show you a few early army daggers with different guards, pommels and grip colours here a nice triple: aluminium E.Pack, WKC 3th pattern, and this Hörster.
    These 3 early hangers are all with the rare scabbard clips
    Early Hörster Heeresdolch with WKC 1st pattern crossguard and internaly numberedEarly Hörster Heeresdolch with WKC 1st pattern crossguard and internaly numberedEarly Hörster Heeresdolch with WKC 1st pattern crossguard and internaly numberedEarly Hörster Heeresdolch with WKC 1st pattern crossguard and internaly numberedEarly Hörster Heeresdolch with WKC 1st pattern crossguard and internaly numberedEarly Hörster Heeresdolch with WKC 1st pattern crossguard and internaly numberedEarly Hörster Heeresdolch with WKC 1st pattern crossguard and internaly numberedEarly Hörster Heeresdolch with WKC 1st pattern crossguard and internaly numberedEarly Hörster Heeresdolch with WKC 1st pattern crossguard and internaly numberedEarly Hörster Heeresdolch with WKC 1st pattern crossguard and internaly numberedEarly Hörster Heeresdolch with WKC 1st pattern crossguard and internaly numberedEarly Hörster Heeresdolch with WKC 1st pattern crossguard and internaly numbered

The early of the earlies Ger..and a hard find as you say

An interesting photo at the bottom right that shows a little lack lustre in early hand enhancement, which the pommel appears to have been done with a punch tool. There is no set pattern which would make each of the production pieces not the same and all unique for the type collector.

As always a pleasure to see the grip colors on these daggers.

I believe a while back and correct me if I am wrong member Wagner "aka " Serge..I think it was he or someone he was helping had found a very early Heer numbered dagger with a frozen pommel..also in the single digits.

If someone can find that thread and post a link to it which also would support this thread.

Thanks Ger for sharing an ultra rarity in Early Heer.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Hi Ger,

Interesting to see an early army with numbered parts

i need to get a nice early army for my collection sometime as a keeper !

really like those hangers with fancy clips, all cool stuff on show here

Cheers Mac 66

?

Wagner posted a thread about 2 early Weyersberg slant army daggers with following numbers 290 & 291 as you can see both also fitted with WKC 1st pattern crossguards.
    Two early 'slant' Weyersberg's, with a big surprise

Danny posted this one:
    My collection of heer daggers

Wiki posted a single digit too, also wkc mounted
    Weyersberg Slant

Regards,
    Ger

?

Always nice to see some lovely early army daggers together! You know I never get tired of looking at these early production pieces. Nice photo's too

Danny

Ger, That is a sweet early Horster! I think you have motivated me between seeing your numbered dagger and reviewing Wiki's pommel experience with his Weyersberg to try again to unfreeze the pommel on my early Horster with the type 1 Horster guard.. need to see if it is numbered! Best, Kevin

link to my Horster: New Early Heer by Horster

Very nice dagger. I hope you have an early luftwaffe dagger to go with it.

?

Well Waffenamt i will have in a few days to lay it next to this one, and the next day it will fly up to Scotland...the home of Jamie.
    I will let him do the honors of posting that full nickel SMF 1st pattern beauty.

Cheers
    Ger