Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Early personalized Heer dagger by Christianswerk with Klaas fittings and Slant grip

Article about: Gents for reference sake i want to show you this early slant grip dagger by Christianswerk before it goes to its new caretaker. Christianswerk either used Pack or Klaas fittings on their ear

?

Default Early personalized Heer dagger by Christianswerk with Klaas fittings and Slant grip

Gents for reference sake i want to show you this early slant grip dagger by Christianswerk before it goes to its new caretaker.
    Christianswerk either used Pack or Klaas fittings on their early daggers.
    This one has Klaas fittings, with the Klaas astrix's on scabbardbands, type 2 Klaas crossguard, with nice detailed handwork on the eagle and feathers, also the dotted rim on top of the pommel is nice Klaas handwork too.
    Bonus is that its personalized on the back of the guard with the owners name.
    What I love about these early daggers is beside their hand enhancements eagle and pommels, their beautiful slanted grips.
    I think the slanted type tops the later ones.
    The blade has the typical Christianswerk dull surface, it seems they used a thin or cheap chrome layer that easily gets dull in time.
    I think Peter Collector will love this one, as its on it way to his doorstep

Enjoy the pics!
    Ger

Early personalized Heer dagger by Christianswerk with Klaas fittings and Slant gripEarly personalized Heer dagger by Christianswerk with Klaas fittings and Slant gripEarly personalized Heer dagger by Christianswerk with Klaas fittings and Slant gripEarly personalized Heer dagger by Christianswerk with Klaas fittings and Slant gripEarly personalized Heer dagger by Christianswerk with Klaas fittings and Slant gripEarly personalized Heer dagger by Christianswerk with Klaas fittings and Slant gripEarly personalized Heer dagger by Christianswerk with Klaas fittings and Slant gripEarly personalized Heer dagger by Christianswerk with Klaas fittings and Slant gripEarly personalized Heer dagger by Christianswerk with Klaas fittings and Slant gripEarly personalized Heer dagger by Christianswerk with Klaas fittings and Slant gripEarly personalized Heer dagger by Christianswerk with Klaas fittings and Slant gripEarly personalized Heer dagger by Christianswerk with Klaas fittings and Slant gripEarly personalized Heer dagger by Christianswerk with Klaas fittings and Slant gripEarly personalized Heer dagger by Christianswerk with Klaas fittings and Slant grip

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Early personalized Heer dagger by Christianswerk with Klaas fittings and Slant grip
    P
    Many

Hi Ger ..another twist in understanding the Her subject .... So are these details also found on other examples like the one shown above ?

I ask this because of the challenges of the Heer subject. Peter no doubt will like this example ..as it comes from the Crème of front steps

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Hi Ger! That is very nice dagger, it looks much better than on first photos. Details of crossguard and pommel are extremely well done. I like handwork on crossguard and dotted rim of pommel is exactly like on the my Henkels dagger from you. Now we have serious evidencie that Klaas sell its fittings to smaller producers. I just can't wait to hold this dagger in hand and put it next to my Christianswerk dagger

And Larry I have few new daggers, which are waiting for forum so now I just need time to post them

Best regards

Peter

?

That's a very nice dagger! I posted it's twin brother a while ago. The only difference with this one is that mine doesn't have the Klaas asterix on the scabbard bands. Here is the link to mine
    Early Christianswerk army with unusual crossguard

Regards
    Danny

?

Very nice Ger!
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

Very interesting dagger! I saw another like it last year and had serious doubts when I saw all the Klaas traits including the scabbard asterisks. But now that I have seen a few in this configuration.. I have to consider it as valid! Very nice one! Congrats! Kevin

wow,that's a beauty and rare maker to find, congrats Ger