Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Early SMF army dagger

Article about: Hi guys! I would like to show you some pictures of one of my early army daggers. This one is by SMF. It has all the textbook features like the somewhat "strange" bird on the crossg

?

Default Early SMF army dagger

Hi guys! I would like to show you some pictures of one of my early army daggers. This one is by SMF. It has all the textbook features like the somewhat "strange" bird on the crossguard and the typical scabbard bands. It has the early "slant" grip. The blade is like new with perfect crossgrain.

Danny
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Early SMF army dagger   Early SMF army dagger  

Early SMF army dagger   Early SMF army dagger  

Early SMF army dagger   Early SMF army dagger  

Early SMF army dagger  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Early SMF army dagger
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Early SMF army dagger

Fabulous ...you can never get enough of looking at these ! keep them coming Danny
    REGARDS AL

We are the Pilgrims , master, we shall go
    Always a little further : it may be
    Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow
    Across that angry or that glimmering sea...

nice dagger,I like SMF blades.

?

Fabulous example !

Great example Danny....we can never have enough "Eye candy".....could you define...."strange" in regards to the grip eagle as I realize looking at Degens website on the pinned thread we have here that there are variances on crossguard eagles. What separates this one as strange..for our readers. Best Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Thanks alot guys! When I called the crossguard eagle 'strange' I meant that it doesn't really look like an eagle. Many army collectors even call it 'ugly'. Some believe the somewhat strange design of the eagle was the reason SMF never sold many army daggers and quickly stopped producing them. That's why you only see early slant gripped army daggers by this maker. Their 2nd model luftwaffe dagger was a different story. SMF was one of the biggest producers of this model. I think the design of this eagle is very beautiful. I will post one from my collection soon.

Danny

?

Thats a fantastic Slant Danny!
    What can i say........will just take another look

Ger

Beautiful slant Danny, congrats

Danny Thanks for sharing nice example.

?

Danny,

Lovely Example of an early SMF slant army

You have many minty daggers

Cheers Mac 66.