Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Eickhorn dagger

Article about: hi all,.today i'd like to show my recently addition to my collection this Eickhorn dagger,i traded an M42 heer for it,im not sure about origionallity of the portapee,could be postwar,actuall

Default Eickhorn dagger

hi all,.today i'd like to show my recently addition to my collection this Eickhorn dagger,i traded an M42 heer for it,im not sure about origionallity of the portapee,could be postwar,actually i know very little about them.the dagger is in great condition with what i think is a type C grip though darkened with age.with the trade came the portapee & the hanger,both origional to dagger <>who knows,.the blade is in great condition as is the makermarjk & crossguard,.i'd love some comments on this,i think its a very nice eickhorn.here are some pics.

cheers,
    silas

Eickhorn daggerEickhorn daggerEickhorn daggerEickhorn daggerEickhorn daggerEickhorn daggerEickhorn daggerEickhorn daggerEickhorn daggerEickhorn daggerEickhorn daggerEickhorn daggerEickhorn daggerEickhorn daggerEickhorn daggerEickhorn dagger

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Eickhorn dagger
    P
    Many

a very nice clean set.

Hi Silas..Nice Eickhorn which appears to have the 4th variant type. I will let the Heer Gents comment further on this dagger.

The comparison can be seen here through WRF member Degens website wardaggers.com - German Army Dagger Crossguard Makers Reference

Thanks for posting and sharing. hang out for awhile the Heer Gents come around quickly when they smell Heer Steel

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

That's a beautiful textbook Eick! I love this 4th pattern crossguard.

Danny

Nothing wrong with That rig! Nice to see all the fixings with it as well! An excellent set!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

NIce Original late Eick with 4th last pattern crossguard.
    You have to love that blade just a beauty!

Congratz!

Ger

Hi, it is interesting to note, that the pommel looks like Generic "B" and not the Eickhorn product. The silvering on pommel is poor, but crossguard show still good quality. So I think, this pommel don´t belong to this dagger, but it is only my opinion - it is possible that Eickhorn ran out of its own pommels and purchased them from another source. What you have to do, is to compare both pommel and crossguard, if they are made from same material and if the silvering and patina match.

Now about knot of the dagger, it looks like reproduction to me, if you compare it to dagger, you will see, that the dagger reflect a lot of wear, but knot is mint.

Other parts looks good and correct for Eickhorn... But I can´t say that this dagger is textbook and 100% correct, sorry

Best regards

Peter
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Eickhorn dagger  

?

Good eye Peter! You are absolutely right on both the pommel and portepee.

Danny

Yes, Good eye Peter, I have to agree that this is not a late Eick pommel, but looks to be a Gen A or WKC type in my opinion (look at width and spacing of bands and indented leaf veins) which is a company that traded with Eickhorn but I personally haven't seen any with the WKC pommel so far... Kevin.

?

Eagle eye Peter

getting focused on the guard and scabbard bands simply overlooking the pommel, you are absolutely right Peter!
    Thx for a keen eye....

Regards
    Ger

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast