Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Eikhorn heer dagger.....opinions........

Article about: Hello, I wanted some opinions on my Heer dagger. So first, I bought this dagger off the internet pretty inexpensively, it just needed a little help. Most importantly, someone had ripped off

Default Eikhorn heer dagger.....opinions........

Hello,
    I wanted some opinions on my Heer dagger. So first, I bought this dagger off the internet pretty inexpensively, it just needed a little help. Most importantly, someone had ripped off the swastika off the handguard. So, I started by replacing the hamdguard, I also found this handguard online, I liked the fact that it was slightly customized. I found this portepee in a bulk order I bought on another purchase. I finally, lastly, found the hanger, or waited until I could find one i could afford. So my questions:
    1) Do all the parts look original? As well as original to an Eikhorn?
    2) Which way should the swastika on the handguard be facing? Same way as the makers Mark?
    3) What would be the correct portepee for this dagger? I think this one is about 10 to 11 inches, and silver.
    4) This hanger, I believe is fasteners look like a deluxe hanger, and are marked, "DRGM," however the top piece looks like out may have been replaced?

Any expertise is welcome, thanks.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Eikhorn heer dagger.....opinions........   Eikhorn heer dagger.....opinions........  

Eikhorn heer dagger.....opinions........  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Eikhorn heer dagger.....opinions........
    P
    Many

Hi, at the first post better clear pictures. Maybe it is authentic unmessed dagger, maybe not. At first look it seems to be Eickhorn type two.

Peter

?

It cant be unmessed with he already says he has replaced the crossguard, looks more like a pack guard to me.

Tomaz

?

First of all make decent pictures, these are crap and not suitable for evaluation.
    Eickhorn has designed & produced 4 types of crossguards, you just can not simply replace it for any other type you found somewhere on the internet and expect it would match.
    You have to show the Original guard too, so we can see what should be the proper replacement.

The portepee is the short one used on Luftwaffe daggers

Ger
    Last edited by gerrit; 09-25-2017 at 11:08 AM.

Hopefully these pics are better. My 10 month old son was using my phone as a chew toy, about an hour before I made this post. My screen starting going rainbow on me while I was making this initial post. So I was finally forced to upgrade my phone. This new phone the camera is significantly better, so hopefully these pictures are better too. I also included the original vanguard as well, thanks.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Eikhorn heer dagger.....opinions........   Eikhorn heer dagger.....opinions........  

Eikhorn heer dagger.....opinions........   Eikhorn heer dagger.....opinions........  

?

Looks like you have replaced the Eickhorn type 2 guard with a Pack type 3.

Tomaz

The head and feather details do not match. Keep looking. Bob

?

Well what ever you do this will be a partdagger, and in bad quality, i suggest not to invest your money in this project, as it will in no way pay off.
    You have added a Pack3 alu-leightweight guard to an Eick blade for the purist a crime, for the majority of collectors just another army dagger.....
    And there is more that doesnt fit looking closely at the dagger and it parts, so just leave it this way.

Regards
    Ger

Thank you, just one other thing, what is the correct length of a portepee for a here dagger? Thanks again.

?

Heeresdolch- army dagger Portepee cord is 42 cm, the Luft cord about 23 cm

Regards
    Ger

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast