Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

German dagger?

Article about: Hi! Can somebody please tell me more about this dagger, if is that genuine (i think it is), for what did they used and what is the value of that dagger. Thank you. Regards, MatijaSS

Default German dagger?

Hi! Can somebody please tell me more about this dagger, if is that genuine (i think it is), for what did they used and what is the value of that dagger. Thank you.
    Regards,
    MatijaSS

German dagger?German dagger?German dagger?German dagger?German dagger?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German dagger?
    P
    Many

Hello Matijass, As said, this dagger was carried by the German Army (The Heer). It did not have any use of purpose other than a dress ornament on the uniform. They never did anything with it other than hang it on their belts for show. It is, of course, made by F.W. Holler in Solingen Germany. It is in Desperate need of a Gentle Clean, though! Do Not use anything on it to clean like steel wool or harsh chemicals. A Light swabbing off with a damp cloth with some gentle soap and water would benefit this piece a huge amount. Do Not try to polish off the dark tarnish on the blade or the other metal parts, as this will lessen the collectable value of it. And lastly, do Not take it apart. More daggers get damaged by someone taking them apart and pieces crack, split, etc. Be sure to thoroughly wipe it off and dry it down when you swab it off.
    As for the Value of it? It's difficult to say. Most of the silver plating on the sheath and the other metal parts looks to have worn off from much handling. Let's see what the handle looks like under all of that dirt and spotting before we try to evaluate it's worth. Good luck, Be Careful and Let us see how it turns out!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Dagger ferrule is fake, i wold like to see some better photos of rest dagger parts.
    For now, i have a bead feeling.

Regards
    Vedran

Hi, I agree with Vedran - ferrule is reproduction - and very poor. Pommel looks good and it is Holler product, but no crossguard - I think it is Generic "A" type, but in very bad condition! If I compare it to the pommel I think this crossguard was add lately after war by someone. Scabbard is Generic also. So conclusion is that this dagger is not in untouched condition ferrule is fake and I believe crossguard do not belongs to this dagger.

Regards Peter

One has to wonder about parts daggers and repro's. Take this one, for example-why beat the living hell out of it and make it for all practical sakes and purposes to be in an almost worthless state-all just to make it look genuine? Certainly, you wouldn't expect these things to be made for Free, so why assemble them and make them basically worth Less to sell than they must have cost to assemble? Or Are they able to put these things together for pennies??
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Thank you all for your opinion!

I agree with Vedran and Peter on this one..some fake parts on this one, I have some serious concerns on whether the guard isn't a total fake too.. the scabbard while having the single flush mount screw we look for on a Holler isnt the band type we see on Holler products.Steer clear of this JUNK! Kevin.