Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Heer Dagger Eickhorn 4th Pattern

Article about: So here is one of the two daggers that I was looking at (posted in a separate thread, see link below). Started a new thread with correct title for future reference. http://www.warrelics.eu/f

MAP
    ?

Default Heer Dagger Eickhorn 4th Pattern

So here is one of the two daggers that I was looking at (posted in a separate thread, see link below). Started a new thread with correct title for future reference.

Two Heer Daggers

Based on our good friends Ger and Kevin, this looks like a nice 4th pattern but would appreciate a review and any feedback as I'm not a dagger guy (yet).

The blade to me looks to be in very good condition with minimal runner marks and cross grain remaining. Nice patina on the hardware.

The Portapee is probably not original to the dagger but I will try to tie it on correctly.

So please give me your thoughts.

Michael

Heer Dagger Eickhorn 4th PatternHeer Dagger Eickhorn 4th PatternHeer Dagger Eickhorn 4th PatternHeer Dagger Eickhorn 4th PatternHeer Dagger Eickhorn 4th PatternHeer Dagger Eickhorn 4th PatternHeer Dagger Eickhorn 4th PatternHeer Dagger Eickhorn 4th PatternHeer Dagger Eickhorn 4th PatternHeer Dagger Eickhorn 4th PatternHeer Dagger Eickhorn 4th PatternHeer Dagger Eickhorn 4th PatternHeer Dagger Eickhorn 4th PatternHeer Dagger Eickhorn 4th Pattern
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer Dagger Eickhorn 4th Pattern
    P
    Many

It is, indeed, an Eickhorn 4th Pattern crossguard. These new photos are much better! It is in excellent shape with a considerable amount of silvering still present. The oak leaf ornamentation is nice and sharp and, overall, I can see very little to pick on with this one! The blade shows good crossgraining(and abit of disturbing finger printing that needs to be gently wiped off!) and a Really fine "Bit-O-Honey Yellow" grip! The portapee is in fairly worn shape and, personally, I'd look around and pick up a decent one to tie on it if it were mine, but that's a matter of opinion, of course. A nice pick up in any case!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

MAP
    ?

Thanks William!

Those prints are mine...lol... from taking the pictures. Wiped down and removed post the photo shoot....so all is good!

The Dagger looks better in hand. These were late night indoor pictures using my lightbox. I typically try to take them outside in daylight

I have a hanger on my other dagger, (a WKC with a blade that needs lots of Simicrome work and zinc fittings devoid of any plating) that I will put on this one.

Good idea on the Portapee. Will add that to the list...

M

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Nice find !! And in good condition too, Congrats G...
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

Quote by MAP View Post
    Thanks William!

Those prints are mine...lol... from taking the pictures. Wiped down and removed post the photo shoot....so all is good!

The Dagger looks better in hand. These were late night indoor pictures using my lightbox. I typically try to take them outside in daylight

I have a hanger on my other dagger, (a WKC with a blade that needs lots of Simicrome work and zinc fittings devoid of any plating) that I will put on this one.

Good idea on the Portapee. Will add that to the list...

M
    Then you could send me that portepee...

lovely dagger.

MAP
    ?

Quote by warbuff View Post
    Then you could send me that portepee...
    Sure. But AFTER I get another one!

Textbook 4th Eick in very good shape, nice patina too! Well done! Kevin.

MAP
    ?

Quote by heers68 View Post
    Textbook 4th Eick in very good shape, nice patina too! Well done! Kevin.
    Thanks Kevin!! And I even learned to tie the portepee on correctly...of course I tied it using the second variation only to realize later it should have been the first variation...lol

Good Map! Either tie would have been seen on this era Heer The stamped maker mark is a lesser seen one on these also, used for a very short time.. Kevin.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast