Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Heer Dagger - Eickhorn with hangers

Article about: I picked up this set from a dealer friend. I believe it to be an Eickhorn type 2 from checking out other posts. It has some issues - broken tip and a beat up scabbard - not sure how this muc

Default Heer Dagger - Eickhorn with hangers

I picked up this set from a dealer friend. I believe it to be an Eickhorn type 2 from checking out other posts. It has some issues - broken tip and a beat up scabbard - not sure how this much abuse could be done to a scabbard. The adler is very detailed, handle has a couple small nicks. Overall can the type/series be confirmed and if it looks like all pieces go together? The hanger set has some finish remaining and is in good condition.
    Joe
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Heer Dagger - Eickhorn with hangers   Heer Dagger - Eickhorn with hangers  

Heer Dagger - Eickhorn with hangers   Heer Dagger - Eickhorn with hangers  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer Dagger - Eickhorn with hangers
    P
    Many

Nice early slant..but as you say a little beaten up.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

additional pics and some of hanger set
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Heer Dagger - Eickhorn with hangers   Heer Dagger - Eickhorn with hangers  

Default replacement for my scabbard

I have an opportunity to acquire this scabbard. does it appear to be a single screw eickhorn or a generic and would it be a match for my dagger with damaged scabbard? Scabbard I have is a single screw like the one I'm looking at buying. Sorry for the size of pics.
    thanks
    Joe
    Attached Images Attached Images Heer Dagger - Eickhorn with hangers  Heer Dagger - Eickhorn with hangers  Heer Dagger - Eickhorn with hangers  Heer Dagger - Eickhorn with hangers 

?

That's not an Eickhorn scabbard. It's a generic one that doesn't fit to an Eickhorn army. Does the damages scabbard of the Eickhorn you show have a screw on the backside?

Danny

Quote by dr73 View Post
    That's not an Eickhorn scabbard. It's a generic one that doesn't fit to an Eickhorn army. Does the damages scabbard of the Eickhorn you show have a screw on the backside?

Danny
    Yes the bent/dented scabbard that came with my eickhorn has a single screw. Is the single screw on the proposed replacement scabbard the characteristic that is telling you it is not eickhorn or is a generic and not correct for the eickhorn? I did a search of threads before posting and saw a couple examples calling out a single screw scabbard for an eickhorn - here is one example -

Heer dagger by Eickhorn 2nd pattern

?

# Larry that is not a slant grip
    Type 2 Eickhorns come with B grips

#Jospeh, that Eickhorn 2nd pattern link you posted has the typical Eickhorn type 1 scabbardbands, and has a standard backside screw, not a flushed one, like on the one you show, which has later type generic scabbardbands.

Ger

Got my the twist and the slant confused but it does look " Yumi "

Best Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Default scabbard mfg?

is this scabbard an eickhorn?

?

No, it's a generic type.

Regards
    Danny

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast