Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Heer Dagger by F.W.HOLLER

Article about: Hi folks heres the 2nd of my 2 for 1 daggers, This Heer dagger by F.W.HOLLER seems fine to me except for the scabbard which i think is one of those spanish repros with the swirley pebble eff

Default Heer Dagger by F.W.HOLLER

Hi folks heres the 2nd of my 2 for 1 daggers, This Heer dagger by F.W.HOLLER seems fine to me except for the scabbard which i think is one of those spanish repros with the swirley pebble effect & large rings see what you think ? thanks ,Cheers PaulHeer Dagger by F.W.HOLLERHeer Dagger by F.W.HOLLERHeer Dagger by F.W.HOLLERHeer Dagger by F.W.HOLLERHeer Dagger by F.W.HOLLERHeer Dagger by F.W.HOLLERHeer Dagger by F.W.HOLLERHeer Dagger by F.W.HOLLER

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer Dagger by F.W.HOLLER
    P
    Many

This one is a real collection of parts IMO.. Gen B guard (not typical Holler use), Scabbard is a Klaas product with the "*" on the scabbard bands, grip is a nice slant with what looks to be a early Alcoso Ferrell with the textured background, so I assume the grip came with that early piece! The only Holler parts are the blade and pommel.. Best, Kevin.

I was kind of thinking that some parts were repro.Its amazing to think that at some stage during the intervening 70 years that somebody assembled this dagger to presumably make one good one from four damaged ones ,It certainly keeps you on your toes! Cheers Paul

?

Kevin your spot on and I think your right about the ferrel, typical flat and pointy leaves and textured background.
    I do have some concerns about the grip, could you take a second look Kevin?
    IMO its not an Alcoso, its missing the sharp center ridges and doesnt have that "slim" appearance that the Alcoso grips have.
    I also do not like its colour.
    To me it looks like one of those repro slant grip that are spotted a lot lately.
    Regards
    Ger
    Heer Dagger by F.W.HOLLER

Some more pictures gents to maybe aid investigation, Cheers paul

Heer Dagger by F.W.HOLLERHeer Dagger by F.W.HOLLERHeer Dagger by F.W.HOLLERHeer Dagger by F.W.HOLLER

?

I would say the grip is original. Kevin didn't say it's an Alcoso grip though He just said the ferrule was an Alcoso. It's hard to tell who the maker of the grip was.

Danny

You do have to watch for those repro slant grips as Ger says! I have seen a few at militaria shows within the last year! After viewing the additional pics I agree with Danny that this grip looks good.. but hard to say 100% without in hand inspection. Best, Kevin.