Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Heer dagger by Henckels grip with a twist

Article about: This dagger is a one of a kind. The pommel and crossguard ( Pack 3rd pattern) are made of aluminium and are heavily silvered, they weight close to nothing! The brest pattern, feathers and he

?

Default Heer dagger by Henckels grip with a twist

This dagger is a one of a kind.
    The pommel and crossguard ( Pack 3rd pattern) are made of aluminium and are heavily silvered, they weight close to nothing!
    The brest pattern, feathers and head/beak are hand enhanced, the rim under the pommel cap have a wunderfull pattern in it.
    The grip is one that i have never encountered before, i have asked several collectors worldwide and only a handfull has been seen.
    On the latest Max show ther was an E.Pack having the ame grip, therefore i think they are custom made and not a spacer error on the machine.
    The scabbard with the sidescrew config completes this beauty.
    The blade is plated and mint as can be with a needle sharp tip!
    I can say this one rates in my top 3 all time daggers, and i dont say that lightly..
    Enjoy this one!
    Ger
    Heer dagger by Henckels grip with a twistHeer dagger by Henckels grip with a twistHeer dagger by Henckels grip with a twistHeer dagger by Henckels grip with a twistHeer dagger by Henckels grip with a twistHeer dagger by Henckels grip with a twistHeer dagger by Henckels grip with a twistHeer dagger by Henckels grip with a twistHeer dagger by Henckels grip with a twistHeer dagger by Henckels grip with a twistHeer dagger by Henckels grip with a twistHeer dagger by Henckels grip with a twistHeer dagger by Henckels grip with a twist

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer dagger by Henckels grip with a twist
    P
    Many

?

Ger , i love the dark and light contrast on this one that really make the details and hand enhancements stand out ! A sweet dagger !!
    REGARDS AL

We are the Pilgrims , master, we shall go
    Always a little further : it may be
    Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow
    Across that angry or that glimmering sea...

I’m pretty sure I saw this dagger at the Max Show with Ford Crews and we discussed it in hand. I have personally never seen a grip like this but would love to see a few more examples as we all know new discoveries still abound. I also remember this dagger having a Klass marked scabbard which fit the crossguard type and hand work. I wonder if this is the same dagger?

?

Hi Tom,

your observations are correct, this one has the astrix on the scabbard bands and that indeed fits the enhanced wing feathers pattern of the pack 3 crossguard.
    Now the question rises did henckels who is known for its great feather enhanced crossguards did the engravings themselve or did they buy their stock from Klaas? or send their crossguard to Klaas?
    Or did they made use of the same engravers?
    I have also seen Weyersberg scabbards with their typical flatscrews that have scabbard bands with the astrix.
    I own one myself.
    Did they buy them from Klaas? or is it more spread amongst the early makers?
    This is a lovely field to explore!
    I will add my Weyersberg scabbard to the post.
    Would love to see if there are more around, so please add any if available!
    Now we all know that Henckels used pack hardware as they did not designed their own guards, ive noticed that you have a Klaas with exact the same crossguard.
    The question is therefore did Henckels used the Klaas craftsman or did they have them in house?

Thanks Tom for your observation!
    Ger
    Heer dagger by Henckels grip with a twistHeer dagger by Henckels grip with a twistHeer dagger by Henckels grip with a twistHeer dagger by Henckels grip with a twistHeer dagger by Henckels grip with a twist
    Last edited by gerrit; 11-21-2015 at 11:07 PM.

Lovely piece Ger , I also love the the cross guard and the unique grip.....Tom yes I remember seeing one at the Max show also, but when I went back for a second look, I could not find it ... I was thinking the same thing if this was the same one, It would be interesting to know if there are more. Thanks for sharing.

Mario

Mario no doubt the same piece that was at the Max Show small world it is in our hobby. I passed on the dagger as it was out of my comfort zone for several reasons one the grip type I have never seen before and even more so the Klaas marked scabbard. I can only agree with Ger on one point that Henckels did use Pack fittings - plated and satin aluminum.

Ger, Very interesting dagger.. this grip is very unique. The fittings and scabbard do indeed seem like Klaas enhanced pieces, but the pommel detailing around the top edge are not on my example of a Klaas 2nd.. How is the fit of the guard to the tang and grip to tang? Kevin.

Hi to everyone, well I want also to share this picture of similar grip variation. I don´t have more info about the dagger and there is possibility that this dagger is reproduction, or just grip (I´m talking about dagger on picture which I attached, not about Ger´s nice treasure!).

Best regards

Peter
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Heer dagger by Henckels grip with a twist  

?

Quote by T Kendall View Post
    Mario no doubt the same piece that was at the Max Show small world it is in our hobby. I passed on the dagger as it was out of my comfort zone for several reasons one the grip type I have never seen before and even more so the Klaas marked scabbard. I can only agree with Ger on one point that Henckels did use Pack fittings - plated and satin aluminum.
    Great observations Tom. That grip is certainly an anomaly and most definitely not to order. The white gripped dagger posted by Peter looks like a celluloid grip type that has been exposed to heat or excessive wear or general mischief.

?

I agree Jon that this isnt a grip to be ordered out of the book as an upgrade, otherwise they would be known for catalogues.
    The grip for sure is a time Original i have no doubt, but we will never know if this one slipped controls or if its done on purpose by the man who handled the machine.
    I think looking at the different spaces between the squirls that it has been done on purpose, the distances are to different from the normal ones.

Ger

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast