Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Heer Dagger Original or Repro.....?

Article about: Good evening, A co-worker offered this to me for \\$150. He said the blade is unmarked. I hope that the pictures he provided can assist the experts in determining authenticity/or not. I have n

Default Heer Dagger Original or Repro.....?

Good evening,

A co-worker offered this to me for $150. He said the blade is unmarked. I hope that the pictures he provided can assist the experts in determining authenticity/or not. I have never even considered collecting daggers, but it's seems intriguing at this price. I realize that it will need some work, but I just want to make sure it's original as it sits. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Heer Dagger Original or Repro.....?   Heer Dagger Original or Repro.....?  

Heer Dagger Original or Repro.....?   Heer Dagger Original or Repro.....?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer Dagger Original or Repro.....?
    P
    Many

The portepee and scabbard look good to me but I lack experience. Not good enough pics to say on blade and handle, missing pommel. It must be really cheap otherwise; why would you own it. Not criticizing, just wondering why?
    John

I determined that the parts alone (if original) are worth more than $150. I like to trade so I am always looking for inventory....

The dagger is missing the pommel and crossguard..the scabbard looks good and the blade photo is not the greatest being somewhat blurry.

It would be best to post an ad in the classified "Wanted section " ..if your looking to trade or acquire.
    These threads are for discussions only.

One of our Seasoned Heer collectors will be along shortly that have sharper eyes and may be able to see through the blur of the blade photo.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Awesome. Thank you both.