Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Heer dagger by Paul Weyersberg

Article about: This maker is one of the most sought after of all Heer producers. Hard to find because they only produced army daggers for a short while, and switched to LW production. This one has the Weye

?

Default Heer dagger by Paul Weyersberg

This maker is one of the most sought after of all Heer producers.
    Hard to find because they only produced army daggers for a short while, and switched to LW production.
    This one has the Weyersberg 2nd pattern crossguard (altered Pack3) and a B style grip.
    This type had only a very short production period in 1936, and are rare.
    I like that typical Weyersberg Eye, and look at the background next to the swastika.
    The little flaw on top of the scabbard (straight line of dots pattern, from throat down)
    The pommel is highly hand enhanced, and it has a nice personalisation on the back of the guard.
    The blade is a lovely almost mint one with a needle sharp tip.
    Enjoy this superb Heer dagger!
    Regards,
    Ger
    Heer dagger by Paul WeyersbergHeer dagger by Paul WeyersbergHeer dagger by Paul WeyersbergHeer dagger by Paul WeyersbergHeer dagger by Paul WeyersbergHeer dagger by Paul WeyersbergHeer dagger by Paul WeyersbergHeer dagger by Paul WeyersbergHeer dagger by Paul WeyersbergHeer dagger by Paul WeyersbergHeer dagger by Paul WeyersbergHeer dagger by Paul WeyersbergHeer dagger by Paul WeyersbergHeer dagger by Paul WeyersbergHeer dagger by Paul WeyersbergHeer dagger by Paul WeyersbergHeer dagger by Paul WeyersbergHeer dagger by Paul WeyersbergHeer dagger by Paul WeyersbergHeer dagger by Paul WeyersbergHeer dagger by Paul WeyersbergHeer dagger by Paul Weyersberg

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer dagger by Paul Weyersberg
    P
    Many

The detail and patina are outstanding Ger..nice pick up on a rare maker. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

When I saw your first snapshots of this dagger I was already impressed but after seeing these new photo's I'm even more impressed! What a great dagger! It has everything I like to see in an early army dagger by Weyersberg. Can't wait to hold it in my hands when we meet in may.

Danny

a cracker of a dagger.

Saw that one up for sale.. great dagger with all the desirable traits! Congrats! I imagine no numbers on this later example? Kevin.

?

Quote by heers68 View Post
    Saw that one up for sale.. great dagger with all the desirable traits! Congrats! I imagine no numbers on this later example? Kevin.
    Your right Kevin, this one is not marked.

Ger

Hi Ger, you have lovely dagger! I compare it to my Weyersberg and there are several differences between them - I mean hand work on pommel and scabbard rings... Crossguards are almost identical. I start to like this early daggers, but they are hard to find

Best regards

Peter

Very-Very Nice Weyersberg like Kevin I almost snatched this beauty up myself. You have to love the “Cyclops Eye” on these weyersberg army daggers seems to me these later Weyersbergs are just as hard to find as the slants or perhaps harder.

?

Thank you Gents for the nice words!
    Its one of those daggers that needs to be bought when they pass by...

Ger

?

Hi Ger , firstly can i say thanks for showing this dagger , it is a real treat for me as P Weyersberg is my favourite edged weapon manufacturer and what a superb example ...i love it , secondly , can i just congratulate you on your photography skills , i do not believe i have seen better and when fully expanded the photos show every miniscule detail .... marvelous

thanks again for the treat mate

Cheers Al
    REGARDS AL

We are the Pilgrims , master, we shall go
    Always a little further : it may be
    Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow
    Across that angry or that glimmering sea...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast