Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Heer dagger prices?

Article about: Hello guys! I've been collecting k98k mausers for many years but now I want to start to get into collecting other WWII Germany and American memorabilia What should I try to pay for a common

MilSurp Collector
    ?

Default Heer dagger prices?

Hello guys! I've been collecting k98k mausers for many years but now I want to start to get into collecting other WWII Germany and American memorabilia

What should I try to pay for a common Heer dagger in good condition? I know there are different makers and I just want a common maker... What should be my goal price wise?

Also whats a good maker to look for (one that is common and not faked much as in reproductions, is there a maker that is faked a lot?)

Thanks for all the help guys

2. # ADS

MAP
    ?

Welcome to the forum MilSurp. As a rule we do not provide pricing but we are happy to review and evaluate any dagger that you might own or be interested in buying.

I would recommend looking at some of the more reputable online dealers for representative retail pricing. Collector to collector prices can be considerable cheaper (25% or so is a general rule of thumb)

As I am not a dagger guy, I don't have a long list of dealer sites but besides some of the forum sponsors I would recommend Lakeside Traders or Whittman

Wittmann Antique Militaria - Army (Heer) Officer's Daggers, Page One

https://www.lakesidetrader.com/Education/Army-Daggers/

I would also highly recommend this new book co-authored by our very own Ger Hessels. I hear it is outstanding

Sneak preview Book cover of the new Army dress dagger book "Heeresdolche" by Danny & Ger

We completed our new army dress dagger book "Heeresdolche" and its ready to order.

I'm sure some of our Heer dagger experts will be around shortly to provide more help.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Generally speaking you can devide army daggers into different categories:
    First: early, mid-period and late war pieces
    Second: manufacturers that produced their parts in-house and manufacturers that bought parts from others

If I was a starting collector of army daggers I would go for a maker that produced all the parts in their own factory. The earlier the production period, the better. Late war pieces were often made out of inferior metals because of the shortage of good quality materials by the end of the war.

Good examples of makers to start with are the larger companies like Eickhorn, WKC, Alcoso and Höller. If you want to check if an example is a "textbook" piece, our new book "Heeresdolche" could be very helpful.

Regards
    Danny

Danny gives good advice, it is a buyers market right now so look for a more common maker like Eickhorn or Alcoso (neither of these had fakes produced to my knowledge using their maker mark) and look for a buy from an individual on a forum classifieds or auction sight. Just remember to have it looked over by the dagger guys here before buying.. I would say a $400 to $500 Heer dagger can be had in very nice shape now. Best, Kevin.

MilSurp Collector
    ?

Thanks for all the help guys. I will report back here when I find a dagger or when looking at one on a auction sight to check if it looks legitimate.