Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Heer Dagger Producers

Article about: Here is a list of known makers for the Heer dagger for reference purposes. All these makers I have personally verified to exist. I have a short list of a few other purported makers but I hav

Default Heer Dagger Producers

Here is a list of known makers for the Heer dagger for reference purposes. All these makers I have personally verified to exist. I have a short list of a few other purported makers but I have never seen one and consider them unverified at this point. Many of these producers used various maker mark configurations during the period. Some of these producers made daggers through out the period some only made daggers early and some made them only later in the period. These are known factors and if someone wishes they can itemize that information in this thread and expand it. Please chime in if I missed any.

Alcoso
    Axt & Hauerfabrik
    Buchel, Rudolf
    Christianswerk
    Clemen & Jung
    Eickhorn, Carl
    Evertz, Arthur
    Felix G. - Gloriawerk
    Fridericus
    Friedrichswerke
    Grafrath, Gebr
    Hack, Joseph
    Hartkopf
    Heidelberg, Carl
    Heller, Gebr
    Henckels, J.A.
    Herder, Friedrich
    Herder, Richard Abraham
    Holler, FW
    Horster, E&F
    Klaas, Robert
    Kolping, Hans
    Krebs, Carl Julius
    Krebs, Pet. Dan
    Luneschloss, P.D.
    Pack, Ernst
    Plumacher, Richard
    Puma
    Schaaf, CD
    Schuttelhoffer, Arthur
    Schmidt, Carl
    Seilheimer, Paul
    SMF
    Spitzer, Gustav
    Tiger
    Voos, Emil
    Weyersberg, G.
    Weyersberg, Max
    WMW - Max Weyersberg
    Weyersberg, Paul
    Wingen, Anton
    WKC
    Wusthof, Carl
    Wusthof, Ed
    Zietler, Wien
    Last edited by Larry C; 05-30-2018 at 10:34 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer Dagger Producers
    P
    Many

Thankyou Tom..Great work..this list will prove very useful..for the Heer collector. Thread pinned!! Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Hi Tom, thanks a lot for your heer dagger producers list. There are several producers that I never saw on army daggers, so thanks for that - now I have to find them and add into collection I have one question, Tom, pleas can you tell me something more about producers - ALPINA WERK Solingen and FRIEDRICHSWERK Solingen, these two producers are not listed in your list - do you believe they are unique producers or just dealers? Pleas just tell me your opinion.

Thanks a lot for your reply.

Best regards Peter

Peter Thanks – The Friedrichswerk is on my list as unconfirmed The Alpina Werks was not but after your post I did manage to find examples of both on Heeresdolch.com they both look to be small cottage producers rather then distributors but that’s open for discussion. I am adding them to my list! Thanks Peter. I have a few other unconfirmed on my end anyone seen a
    F & A Helbig or a Bismark ?

?

Alpina Werks is a variation of the Kolping trademark. Friedrichswerk is a new one on me.

Tom or anybody, have you got pictures of an Ed Wusthof on file please?.

Jon Great Information on the Alpina Werks I have noted that on my list. Concerning the Ed Wustoff seems I remember seeing one years ago it may have been etched and not any good ? Maybe Kevin will have something on this. So Jon What about the Bismark ?

Its a matter of finding who Friedrichswerk is attached to..as Alpina was hidden from alphabetical sight..until seen on the producer "Kolpings bio. I will take a look also..in my references.
    Possibly a distributor? Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Tom,
    The Bismark, I seem to remember was fitted with Pack 1st fittings although I have nothing in my files to back that up. The Helbig, Heidelberg, Hack and several other 10 rated army's would have been thrown together quickly and in small numbers, using mostly Generic / Wingen parts in 1936 in my opinion, to try to get in on the official production contracts and dying out shortly after when unsuccessful.
    I have also seen several obscure trademarks that looked very convincing until you analyse the rest of the daggers fittings. For me, no matter how rare a trademark or how convincing the etch/stamp and blade appears to be, it has to tally with the rest of the dagger, both in timeframe for production and assembly of parts.

The "rumoured existence" manufacturers or trademarks would be a coup if ever one appeared, personally I do not think they exist. I also trust the "Roach" list implicitly...........only the one trademark I would question!.

It should also be mentioned that people need to remember that 2nd Luft blades will also fit most later Heer dagger hilt assemblies etc, which makes assessing a few of these extremely rare trademarks even more difficult.

The Bismark and Undine, I will take two of each please
    Last edited by Degens; 04-21-2014 at 11:06 PM.

?

Thx for starting this post Tom, and thx to all the other Gents for contributing this post with great info, its appreciated

Regards,
    Ger

Thanks for this great post Tom , I think this has probably been asked already, but is there any rarity makers list like the McSarr on heer daggers?
    cheers Ronnie

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast