Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Heer Dagger Reference Tools in Identifying and collecting.

Article about: Hi Wolfgang..any chance to see any more photos of this rare maker? Regards Larry Heer producers list updated!! Thank you Gents

Default Heer Dagger Reference Tools in Identifying and collecting.

Listed below in a Great contribution to the collecting of the Heer Type dagger………Member “Degens” of the Website ( Wardaggers.com) has most graciously donated the use of his links in furthering the understanding of the Heer dagger. Below are 5 links to be used as a reference in identifying and understanding the attributes of this type dagger. A most exhaustive reference tool. Jon will answer any question you may have,,if there is a need. Thank you Jon for this great contribution to the hobby and to this forum. Thankful regards Larry

Dagger types

Manufacturers

Grips and tang

Crossguard Reference

Reproductions

The Tom Kendall Collection-Army

Also to be included is the Website named.....Heersdolch.de

Heers Dolch. De

COMPLETE LIST OF PRODUCERS........If I have missed any please let me know and I will add it to the list.
    0. Alpina Werk Solingen ( Ultra rare producer )
    0a. Bolte & Anshutz "Post War Producer" See this thread for reference to this maker.
    1. Rudolf Buchel
    2. Gebruder Christians
    3. Clemen & Jung
    4. Alexander Coppel
    5. Carl Eickhorn
    6. Arther Evertz
    7. Fridericus
    8. Gebruder Grafrath
    8b "Hack Werk" Steyr
    8c Hartkopf & Co. Solingen
    9. Gebruder Heller - Marienthal
    10. J.A. Henckels
    11. Richard Herder
    12. Friedrich Herkennath
    13. FW Holler
    14. E&F Horster
    15. Robert Klaas
    16. H. Kolping
    17. Carl Julius Krebs
    17a. Peter Daniel Krebs
    18. P.D. Luneschloss
    19. Ernst Pack & Sohn - EP&S
    20. Plumacher & Sohn
    21. Pumawerk Lauterjung & Co.
    22. Arthur Schuttlehoffer
    23. Paul Seilheimer
    24. Solingen Axt und Hauerfabrik
    25. SMF - Solingen Metallwaffenfabrik Stocker & Co.
    26. Gustav Spitzer
    27. Tigerwerk Lauterjung & Co.
    28. Anton Wingen
    29. WKC
    30. Carl Wustoff
    31. WMW - Waffenfabrik Max Weyersburg
    32. Emil Voos
    33. Paul Weyersburg
    Last edited by Larry C; 01-24-2014 at 12:53 AM.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer Dagger Reference Tools in Identifying and collecting.
    P
    Many

Default Re: Heer Dagger Reference Tools in Identifying and collecting.

My little objection to this dagger:
    wardaggers.com - WKC German Army Officer Dagger
    2. type WKC Dagger - scabbard is usually used with a single screw.
    Not two.
    It can often confuse beginners.

Regards
    Vedran

?

My thanks to Larry for the links and I hope at least a few members will find some of the information useful. There obviously will be some information open to debate as with any reference material but I am more than happy to discuss or change any information that proves to be incorrect.

Vedran,
    Regarding the single screw WKC scabbards, the later most common 3rd pattern dagger from WKC with the tomahawk headed eagle certainly is normally found with just the one side screw, the earlier 1st pattern and 2nd pattern daggers can be found with either configurations depending on whether the matched scabbard was a very early release also.
    Early scabbards from WKC normally matched with slant grip daggers will feature two flat headed side screws.

A more in depth explanation can be found on this page ( wardaggers.com - German Army Dagger Maker Manufacturer Information ) under the WKC section.

Hope that helps or makes more sense.

Quote by Degens View Post
    My thanks to Larry for the links and I hope at least a few members will find some of the information useful. There obviously will be some information open to debate as with any reference material but I am more than happy to discuss or change any information that proves to be incorrect.

Vedran,
    Regarding the single screw WKC scabbards, the later most common 3rd pattern dagger from WKC with the tomahawk headed eagle certainly is normally found with just the one side screw, the earlier 1st pattern and 2nd pattern daggers can be found with either configurations depending on whether the matched scabbard was a very early release also.
    Early scabbards from WKC normally matched with slant grip daggers will feature two flat headed side screws.

A more in depth explanation can be found on this page ( wardaggers.com - German Army Dagger Maker Manufacturer Information ) under the WKC section.

Hope that helps or makes more sense.
    Still so much to learn about daggers thats why i love this forum ..............great link thankyou

Degens

I wanted to mention that there are two versions of WKC 2. type scabbard.
    With a single screw is most common.

Regards
    Vedran

Just recently added a quick list of complete Army producers in Post #1..if I have missed any please advise me..and I will add it to the list. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

"Hartkopf & Co. Solingen" on the makers list. Kevin

Also.."Hack Werk" Steyr

Another is Daniel Krebs.

Wolfgang

Also the very rare mark of "Alpina Werk Solingen", the logo with the beer stein.

Wolfgang

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast