Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Heer Generals Dagger

Article about: Here is one my Father in law brought home

?

Default Heer Generals Dagger

Here is one my Father in law brought home
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Heer Generals Dagger   Heer Generals Dagger  

Heer Generals Dagger   Heer Generals Dagger  

Heer Generals Dagger  
    Attached Images Attached Images Heer Generals Dagger  Heer Generals Dagger 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer Generals Dagger
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

I'm getting old...I remember seeing this dagger before. Or am I wrong?
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

You may have seen it on the German Helmet forum were Larry is a Mod. I thought it would be a good contribution to this forum.

The motto on the blade is (Victory is in the fight alone) The coat of arms was traced to a very Rich German family.First issued in the 1500s and than revised in the early 1700s.

General Hans Georg Schmidt von Altenstadt.Was the last German Military man of the Family.He was also involved in the plot to kill Hitler.The acid etched Coat of arms on the blade and motto.Have been traced to Him recently by a member on the German Helmet forum.The Coat of arms etched on the blade is the Generals Familys from the 1700s.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Heer Generals Dagger   Heer Generals Dagger  

Attached Images Attached Images Heer Generals Dagger 
    Last edited by Larry C; 04-19-2017 at 01:26 AM.

MAP
    ?

Ah...yes! That was a great thread. Beautiful piece! Thanks!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Great history with provenance. Nice to put a name and a face to these daggers. I wish they could all have IDs , but the dagger details themselves tell a story also of the character of the original owner.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

great thread.

The General was killed in a car ''accident''(?) 5 days after the attempt on Hitler's life. It probably saved him from ending up being strangled with wire whilst hanging from a meat hook as some of the other senior bomb plot conspirators were.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

Yes he was in a car accident.His nephew wrote a book about him recently.The Gestapo spent 2 days interrogating the Family.After the failed attempt to kill Hitler.It is suspected they may have murdered him in the hospital,Is the impression i have gotten.He had recently presented a revised strategy for the occupied countries.And slave labor camps.Hitler and Himler had ignored his suggestions.And yes most likely he would have gotten the piano wire treatment for Hitlers enjoyment.I believe they were all filmed for Hitler by the Gestapo as they were hanged

Wow awesome dagger with quite a history. Fascinating reading concerning him.

An awesome piece with a great story and provenance! It doesn't get much better!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast