Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Heer sword - ask for help identification

Article about: Hi guys, I would like to ask you if you can help me to identify this sword. I was trying to find this one on net but I was not successfull. Maker is Carl Eichorn Soingen. Thank you, Mike

?

Default Heer sword - ask for help identification

Hi guys,
    I would like to ask you if you can help me to identify this sword. I was trying to find this one on net but I was not successfull. Maker is Carl Eichorn Soingen.
    Thank you, Mike

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer sword - ask for help identification
    P
    Many

?

The hilt is Emil Voos "Unattributed" ( page 127 Angolia Swords of Germany ). Detailed back-strap and knucklebow, leopard head with red glass eyes.

?

Quote by Degens View Post
    The hilt is Emil Voos "Unattributed" ( page 127 Angolia Swords of Germany ). Detailed back-strap and knucklebow, leopard head with red glass eyes.
    Does it mean that this is a put together sword, because there is Eickhorn trade mark on the blade ?
    Thank you, Mike

?

Mike,
    Not necessarily, I have seen this before with companies using patterns from other manufacturers. Probably sold as a Generic design, possibly to order. Would be worth getting a good shot of the hilt retainer / tang peen, though to look for signs of tampering for peace of mind.

?

Quote by Degens View Post
    Mike,
    Not necessarily, I have seen this before with companies using patterns from other manufacturers. Probably sold as a Generic design, possibly to order. Would be worth getting a good shot of the hilt retainer / tang peen, though to look for signs of tampering for peace of mind.
    Thank you, I will try to ask more pictures and in time I have them I post them. One more question. is this something rare or normal one? I am asking because of price.

?

Swords are not my speciality however this particular model is not something that I can confess to seeing very often. Voos was a relatively small manufacturer compared to your WKC's, Eickhorns etc, and as such you would expect their designs / models to be comparatively more scarce.
    Hopefully a sword guru will be able to offer more information.

Hi Mike1, Your sword is very attractive and one which I would like to own. I agree with everything Degens has said re your sword. I personnaly do not recognise it as a standard pattern Eickhorn sword but as Degens rightly says, that does not mean that the Eickhorn firm did not produce and sell this sword. If it has be stripped and re assembled, you can usually tell from the tang peening and whether it looks "right" and aged etc. However, if I were you, I would not worry too much about the assembly. If the blade is contemporary with the hilt then great. If not and the blade has been rehilted then once again, not being a purist, I would still accept it for what it is. Carl Eickhorn were manufacturers per see. However, they almost certainly manufactured blades for smaller concirns and outfitters to match and assemble ergo possibly a Voos hilt assembled with an Eickhorn blade?? I think that Deggens has probably hit the nail on the head and that yours was assembled to order for an Army officer. With regard to rarety, in my opinion very few standard pattern Army Swords can be considdered rare as there are litteraly hundreds of designs spanning both wars and the perod between said wars. Unless they are particularly favoured patterns like the Prinz Eugen or have something special about them or their history then it more or less boils down to how the seller/buys views each sword and its merits. If it came my way, I personnaly would pay between £250 and £400 depending on its condition and likeability factors. If it turned out to be a "must buy" then perhaps a little more. I hope that this is of interest to you and that it helps.

Degens, As a matter of interest do you agree and where would you rate its rarety and value???

Regards and best wishes to both. Regards Michael R

?

Quote by Michael Ryan View Post
    Hi Mike1, Your sword is very attractive and one which I would like to own. I agree with everything Degens has said re your sword. I personnaly do not recognise it as a standard pattern Eickhorn sword but as Degens rightly says, that does not mean that the Eickhorn firm did not produce and sell this sword. If it has be stripped and re assembled, you can usually tell from the tang peening and whether it looks "right" and aged etc. However, if I were you, I would not worry too much about the assembly. If the blade is contemporary with the hilt then great. If not and the blade has been rehilted then once again, not being a purist, I would still accept it for what it is. Carl Eickhorn were manufacturers per see. However, they almost certainly manufactured blades for smaller concirns and outfitters to match and assemble ergo possibly a Voos hilt assembled with an Eickhorn blade?? I think that Deggens has probably hit the nail on the head and that yours was assembled to order for an Army officer. With regard to rarety, in my opinion very few standard pattern Army Swords can be considdered rare as there are litteraly hundreds of designs spanning both wars and the perod between said wars. Unless they are particularly favoured patterns like the Prinz Eugen or have something special about them or their history then it more or less boils down to how the seller/buys views each sword and its merits. If it came my way, I personnaly would pay between £250 and £400 depending on its condition and likeability factors. If it turned out to be a "must buy" then perhaps a little more. I hope that this is of interest to you and that it helps.

Degens, As a matter of interest do you agree and where would you rate its rarety and value???

Regards and best wishes to both. Regards Michael R
    Hi Michael and Degens,
    thank you very much for help, your information is everythink I was looking for. If this one finally come to me I will post more pictures.
    Mike

?

Good looking blade.