Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Heeres Offiziersdolch

Article about: Any info on stamped mark on the blade of this Army dagger?

Default Heeres Offiziersdolch

Heeres OffiziersdolchHeeres Offiziersdolch

Any info on stamped mark on the blade of this Army dagger?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heeres Offiziersdolch
    P
    Many

Default re: Heeres Offiziersdolch

I believe that this dagger is a post war made item as a GI souvenir piece made from the end of the war until 1947 by the manufacturer B&A, when the swastika became banned. The parts were left over pieces from wartime production, the blades made postwar. The daggers were produced without metal scabbards. There were some scabbards made in leather with brass fittings and stamped 'Germany', as was the reverse of the blade near the hilt. Check to see if it is there or has been ground off.

Many were sold with no scabbard at all, and were advertised in the early 50's in the American magazine 'Popular Mechanics' for between $2-$5 depending on the type, Heer, Luftwaffe and even SA daggers that had a plastic grip, not wooden. The metal scabbard has been added to this dagger at some time in the past, maybe to decieve.

Even as a repro it has some value as they are collected in their own right. The going rate for a fair to good one is $150-$200.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Ned is correct.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Great dagger for sure being post war and "Vet bring Home" for some GI`s. Looks to be made up of some parts. Ned is correct in every detail.
    There is something empty about this maker as the daggers they made were decent quality,, but lacked the personal history of actually belonging to an officer. I am curious though ...is there a real identity to this maker?.. a well known blade maker perhaps,, but going under the a disguise and calling themselves "Balke Richard & Son.....Or maybe a dagger put together outfit and putting there logo on surplus blades! Larry