Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hello Everybody! Army Dagger Puma

Article about: Hello Guys today i bought my first Army Dagger. I dont have a lot of experience in collecting. I started 2 Years ago. The Seller gave me a warranty if something is wrong and i would really a

Default Hello Everybody! Army Dagger Puma

Hello Guys today i bought my first Army Dagger. I dont have a lot of experience in collecting. I started 2 Years ago. The Seller gave me a warranty if something is wrong and i would really appreciate your Opinions on this Dagger. That would be really helpfull to me!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Hello Everybody! Army Dagger Puma
    P
    Many

The only concernes i have that this is maybie a Parts Dagger, but im not sure. I definitely need more Experience.

Hi Doc ...Dagger looks good and is mostly consistent of the latter production period showing a generic guard type.

Im not quite sure of the pommel and either Gerrit or Danny dr73 can comment on that.
    The scabbard does not belong as it does not have the 2 " Domehead side screws " or they are just missing..but cant see that in the photo.

The smaller logo is not a variant type normally seen with a later production type and would expect to see the larger first type Puma logo.
    wait for more comments ..but I feel you are correct in your analysis that it may be parted.

Best Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Thanks Larry i appreciate it!

The Scabbard has one Srcew that is correct. The Pommel and the Small Puma Markin is what from i found out not Textbook Dagger. There are some diffenrences in my Book, but from what i read is that Puma did not make Crossguards and Pommels by there own, but im not sure there are so much Informations it is Overwhelming at the beginnings.

Also there is not one Puma Dagger with the smaller Markin in my Book which leaves some concernes for me open, but at the other side everything fits good together. There are no gaps and every Part sits tight. Maybie i bought this Little bit overpriced, but i will learn from that. Overall i still think it is a good Looking authentic Dagger and not a bad one for the first.

I will wait for other Opinions.

If you need more Pictures from specific Things let me know.
    Last edited by Merrydoc; 08-26-2018 at 09:06 PM.

?

Unfortunate your concerns are right.
    This is a complete partsdagger.
    Scabbard and pommel are later Wingen product, early blade is totally out of tune looking at all the later stuff.
    gen. A crossguard is a late one and this whole dagger is a put together piece.

I better clearify: the Wingen in our book dagger 97 has the gen. B scabbard and pommel, like the one your Puma has.

Ger
    Last edited by gerrit; 08-29-2018 at 11:23 AM.

Quote by gerrit View Post
    Unfortunate your concerns are right.
    This is a complete partsdagger.
    Scabbard and pommel are later Wingen product, early blade is totally out of tune looking at all the later stuff.
    gen. A crossguard is a late one and this whole dagger is a put together piece.

Ger
    Thanks Gerrit!

Will not happen again to me. Learnd alot here, but everything is original right? Was definitley to expensive with 600 Euro i guess… I will see the Seller in 2 Weeks and he gave me a Warranty that it is not a Partsdagger! Will talk to him and see what we can do. I still like it even it is not a Textbook Dagger,but for that Price i think i could have bought a Textbook one and that my Problem with it.

?

I do not doubt the originality of the parts.

Ger

Thank you Guys i appreciate your help!

Next time i will only Count on my self and if i am not 100% sure i will not buy it. Showed this Piece to a lot of experienced Sellers that had no doubts that this is a Textbook Dagger its crazy!

MAP
    ?

Always post for authentication before you buy.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by MAP View Post
    Always post for authentication before you buy.
    Yes will not happen again with an Army Dagger. Still like the Condition of this Dagger, but that doesnt Change the Fact that it is a Parted one. Definitley will pay more Attention next Time and i will talk to the Seller and see what we can do as he gave me a Warranty. Was for sure 200 euros or more to expensive...
    Thank you Guys for the help and Time!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast