Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Help with crossguard type.

Article about: Hello guys, could anyone tell me if this crossguard is ok on a Holler army dagger, I'm not sure if it is a Holler type 2 or a Pack type 3 with hand enhancement by Holler. I have read that Ho

?

Default Help with crossguard type.

Hello guys, could anyone tell me if this crossguard is ok on a Holler army dagger, I'm not sure if it is a Holler type 2 or a Pack type 3 with hand enhancement by Holler. I have read that Holler used Pack guards but the eye on this one looks more in the Pack style although slightly heavier chiselled, or should it just have the circular punched eye, there does appear to be some chisel marks to the neck but not three in a row seen on Holler type 2 guards. Thanks for any response.

Best Tomaz.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help with crossguard type.
    P
    Many

?

Any opinions on whether this is a Holler type 2, Pack type 3 or Pack type 3 hand enhanced by Holler.

Tomaz.

Hi Tomaz...from the one photo I would say Holler type 2 .... .as per Ger/Dan Heer reference

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Thanks Larry, I was leaning more towards a Pack type 3 hand enhanced by Holler because of the Lazy eye on this one which you see on Packs, but I would expect to see a circular punched eye for Holler, I wanted to make sure this is an EARLY Holler guard 36-37 I believe, please correct me if I'm wrong as I'm looking for an early Holler between these years.

?

Could anyone else confirm what guard this is and an approximate date for it.

Thanks Tomaz.

I think you may be right Tomaz..with it being a Pack type..below is my Holler mounted Pack guard also enhanced.

It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Thanks again Larry, yours is a textbook version for a Holler type 2 but the one i showed is different in the eye and chiseled areas so still wondering if it is an accepted variation of a Pack type 3 for an early Holler.

Best Tomaz.

My cross guard is deemed a Pack type which Tom Kendal ,Gerrit and dr73 can attribute to it .
    Regards Larry

Personalized Holler dagger w/ Soldbuch and Hangers

This thread on my Holler early slant may help.
    Best Larry