Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Ivory / White Army Dagger by Alcosa

Article about: Hey everyone. I am about to purchase this dagger but not until after it's made it past the Warrelics gauntlet. Based on the photos, what do you think? Thanks for your help!

For the benefit of those who may be a little unsure about the colors on army dagger grips, I thought it worth mentioning the majority were white at one point. The variations from white to yellow and burnt orange etc. tends to come from the aging of the material called trolon that they used, which most believe when exposed to light will start to turn towards a yellow or orange hue over time. The white examples seen today are usually galalith, painted wood, or celluloid coated wood, and on rare occasion ivory for those officers that had some money.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ivory / White Army Dagger by Alcosa
    P
    Many

Just got it. here are a few more pics.Ivory / White Army Dagger by AlcosaIvory / White Army Dagger by AlcosaIvory / White Army Dagger by Alcosa

Just turn it around in the scabbard. My pet hate!

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Haha I know it's backwards, however it must have been stored that way for decades. The patina is different on the scabbard where it's been covered by the eagle and swastica. The silver is much brighter. I will switch it around for Ade.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2