Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ivory / White Army Dagger by Alcosa

Article about: Hey everyone. I am about to purchase this dagger but not until after it's made it past the Warrelics gauntlet. Based on the photos, what do you think? Thanks for your help!

Default Ivory / White Army Dagger by Alcosa

Hey everyone. I am about to purchase this dagger but not until after it's made it past the Warrelics gauntlet. Based on the photos, what do you think? Thanks for your help!
    Ivory / White Army Dagger by AlcosaIvory / White Army Dagger by AlcosaIvory / White Army Dagger by AlcosaIvory / White Army Dagger by AlcosaIvory / White Army Dagger by Alcosa

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ivory / White Army Dagger by Alcosa
    P
    Many

?

I am not seeing any red flags based on your pics. IMO a good one. I am sure some other folks after waking from the New Years Slumber will opine. Happy New Year Bud!

Rossi
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

?

Your dagger is a nice textbook example with a type 3 Alcoso crossguard. Very nice patina too. Just one small thing, you have put the dagger in the scabbard the wrong way. When the eagle is facing you, the scabbard rings should be on the right.

Danny

Thanks for the info. Is there any way to get a ballpark date on this dagger? I've read that the white handle versions are early but a Type 3 crossguard makes me wonder if that is wrong since that implies two previous crossguards. Thanks again.

?

Definitely a Type 3 Crossguard. The logo style for the Alcosa Solingen Makers Logo Mark with the ACS Hanging Scales to left and script to right on blade to my knowledge was used around 1940-41. As far as the handle color being white & having to do with earlier time period I am not sure about. I don't know if the type 3 guard is any harder to find IMO. See if Danny, Gerrit or blade folk weigh in with any better intelligence than I.
    Last edited by Rossi; 01-02-2015 at 09:48 PM.
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

To my knowledge the white grip was used more in the later period, not completely sure tho but I have seen a lot of white grips on later types. A lot of companies changed designs sometimes within months of the previous one, check out the crossguard reference section on wardaggers site it has approximate dates for each guard.

?

Alcoso used a total of 4 different crossguards. The first one is very hard to find. The second one is almost impossible to find and still missing in my collection The third one (on your dagger) is the most common. The 4th type is also called "high lift" and not easy to find. White grips are usually seen on late daggers. For example: 9 out of 10 Alcoso armies with the high lift crossguard and last trademark (AWS) have a white grip. As said before, I think your dagger is completely textbook.

Danny

Agree with others here, nice correct Alcoso made shortly before the transition to the "high lift" guard and the scabbard throat screw moving to its final single rear location... Kevin.

Thanks for the info guys. I purchased the dagger and should have it by Monday. I will report back with pics and a bit of the story behind it.

?

Nothing more to add, nice textbook Alcoso, with its lovely pommel

Ger

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast