Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Klaas Heer Dagger With Painted Black Grip

Article about: Here's a new one on me. This was a vet pickup purchased from the vet's son. I have read about these Klass daggers with the black painted grips but hadn't ever seen one before.

Default Klaas Heer Dagger With Painted Black Grip

Here's a new one on me. This was a vet pickup purchased from the vet's son. I have read about these Klass daggers with the black painted grips but hadn't ever seen one before.

Klaas Heer Dagger With Painted Black GripKlaas Heer Dagger With Painted Black GripKlaas Heer Dagger With Painted Black GripKlaas Heer Dagger With Painted Black Grip
    Klaas Heer Dagger With Painted Black GripKlaas Heer Dagger With Painted Black GripKlaas Heer Dagger With Painted Black GripKlaas Heer Dagger With Painted Black GripKlaas Heer Dagger With Painted Black Grip

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Klaas Heer Dagger With Painted Black Grip
    P
    Many

That IMO is just what an as found later Klass Heer dagger with the white painted black Bakelite grips should look like. Nice find. Best Regards, Fred

very salty dagger.

I agree, Salty but rather scarce from what I have read.

That is a very cool and interesting later Klaas Dutchman! Klaas was, along with a few other makers the masters of variations! They simply refused to settle on a single configuration!! I believe these were some of the Klaas Heers that had the longer than status quo grip too! Does this one have the asterisk's on the scabbard bands? Thanks for showing..Kevin.

?

Lovely untouched piece. Please do not fall into the trap of chipping that paint off, so rare to find a textbook Klaas that has not had it all removed and being touted as a funeral dagger.
    Love it.

Thanks guys! Any idea what this guy might trade for? I know it's salty.

?

I think this one is a hard one to qualify, its as said a textbook late Klaas with the "proof" that funeral grips in this Klaas case, are just painted black ones....with the white paint removed.
    For the type collector its an interesting one, for the "blades" collector its a no go i guess.
    I would pass this one because of its blade condition, but as a set its a very interesting piece, but i cant make up a value.
    Thx for showing this one!

Regards,
    Ger

That's a nice piece of history, ive seen daggers with blades a lot worse so it comes down to personal choice, if you like to look at your daggers with the blade in the scabbard then its not so much an issue but if like gerrit you like a good blade then this might detract from your enjoyment of the dagger, like I said its personal choice, chances are you may not come across a piece like this again so if you like it go for it, I like it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast