Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Late War Unmarked Heer Dagger for Review

Article about: Greetings everyone, This dagger is for sale locally, and I am thinking about purchasing it. I know almost nothing about daggers and there seems to be dozens of variations. This one does not

RZM
    ?

Default Late War Unmarked Heer Dagger for Review

Greetings everyone,

This dagger is for sale locally, and I am thinking about purchasing it. I know almost nothing about daggers and there seems to be dozens of variations. This one does not bear a manufacturers mark. The seller says the handle is a little loose, but the pommel is frozen in place, so it can't be tightened. There are some dark spots on both sides of the blade and what appears to be a spot of rust on the scabbard. The hangers are missing the buckle, and I'm fairly sure the portepee is for a Luftwaffe dagger. He was asking $550USD for it, but he agreed to take $500USD if I decided to buy it. I have a few questions before dropping that kind of money. First, is there anything that can be done about the loose grip? Secondly, does the dagger appear to be completely correct for a late war example? And lastly, given the few issues, is it a good price to pay for it? Any comments or opinions would be greatly appreciated! I will attach the photos that the seller sent me.

RZM
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Late War Unmarked Heer Dagger for Review   Late War Unmarked Heer Dagger for Review  

Late War Unmarked Heer Dagger for Review   Late War Unmarked Heer Dagger for Review  

Late War Unmarked Heer Dagger for Review  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Late War Unmarked Heer Dagger for Review
    P
    Many