Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Miniature Army Dagger

Article about: This is the only miniature dagger I ever came across. I bought it as part of a veteran lot of items back in the mid 1980's. For the blade collector, they are interesting for the accurate det

Default Miniature Army Dagger

Miniature Army DaggerMiniature Army DaggerMiniature Army DaggerThis is the only miniature dagger I ever came across. I bought it as part of a veteran lot of items back in the mid 1980's. For the blade collector, they are interesting for the accurate detail in miniature in comparison to the standard model.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Miniature Army Dagger
    P
    Many

Default Re: Miniature Army Dagger

Hello Bob,
    Great looking dagger, that is one of the nicer ones I have seen. I have heard before that these are not original TR period, what is your opinion on this?

Regards, Corey

Quote by cgp1066 View Post
    Hello Bob,
    Great looking dagger, that is one of the nicer ones I have seen. I have heard before that these are not original TR period, what is your opinion on this?

Regards, Corey
    Hi Corey-
    I have never heard that idea. Whoever came up with that theory it is a total idiot. When I was a youngster in the late 1950's, miniature daggers were already in the collector market place. That was a time of a great amount of material and very few reproductions. It was long before the introduction of the first reproduction and parts daggers that Atwood flooded the market place with. My piece came out of a typical vet's cigar box full of medals, badges, cloth insignia and this was in the bottom.
    BOB

?

Bob, a beautiful piece.

Thanks Bob, that's good to know. I have always wondered about them. Do you know anything about the history of the miniature daggers, for example what they used for and to whom were they given?

Regards, Corey

My understanding is that they were made as salesman's samples. I do not think that there has ever been any in depth study of these.
    BOB

Very interesting piece, Bob!

Nice Miniature Bob!! As salesmen could not carry the full size daggers,, because of a weight issue,, it was easier to make a smaller scale. Amazingly these small scale beauties are worth as much as the full size dagger itself. Very Nice! Regards Larry