Become our sponsor and display your banner here

Miniature heer dagger info

Article about: Hello I'm looking for some info on a dagger I recently purchased it has no makers marks on the blade but the cross guard has a small logo of what looks like a windmill with the word "mo

Default Miniature heer dagger info

Hello I'm looking for some info on a dagger I recently purchased it has no makers marks on the blade but the cross guard has a small logo of what looks like a windmill with the word "molitor" above it. It is really faint and hard to see, I can't find any info on this dagger so any help would be much appreciated! Thanks for your time!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	198.4 KB 
ID:	887231Click image for larger version. 

Views:	57 
Size:	201.7 KB 
ID:	887232Click image for larger version. 

Views:	84 
Size:	223.7 KB 
ID:	887233Click image for larger version. 

Views:	55 
Size:	208.5 KB 
ID:	887234Click image for larger version. 

Views:	35 
Size:	210.4 KB 
ID:	887235Click image for larger version. 

Views:	56 
Size:	198.4 KB 
ID:	887231Click image for larger version. 

Views:	57 
Size:	201.7 KB 
ID:	887232Click image for larger version. 

Views:	84 
Size:	223.7 KB 
ID:	887233Click image for larger version. 

Views:	55 
Size:	208.5 KB 
ID:	887234Click image for larger version. 

Views:	35 
Size:	210.4 KB 
ID:	887235

Ps I will try and get better pictures today

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

Hi Sken ..welcome to the forum. Robert Herder is the logo that appears on the back of the Crossguard..and is not known to have produced Heer daggers..yet a affiliated family member Richard Herder did produce Heer daggers..and this one may have been used by Robert Herders Salesmen. I feel this is a rare find for a miniature with the Windmill logo on the guard.
    Im sure the Heer Gents will be able to fill in more details on the miniature itself. Nice find. Regards Larry

Name:  Herder_Robert.jpg
Views: 100
Size:  7.5 KB
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Thanks Larry!
    I did see that Robert herder used the windmill in his logo but because the windmill is different on my dagger and haven't seen any info on Richard herder I guessed it was unrelated also the word molitor confused me even more. The logo is so faint its making my eyes strain trying to see it under a magnifying glass, I guess it's time for an eye test. I will try and improve the picture.
    Many thanks for the reply!

Regards

Click image for larger version. 

Views:	24 
Size:	132.8 KB 
ID:	887365

I managed to zoom in further to get a clearer view

I cant find a matching logo anywhere I found out abit more about the herders history but nothing regarding "molitor"??

?

I think this has nothing to do with a crossguard maker, what you show here is one of the standard crossguards used on mini's
    You see this exact same guard used by different makers ( blade with maker logo), different distributers/ advertisers etc, all using this very type of crossguard.
    IMO this is only an advertiser/Distributer mark.

I like this mini very much, its in lovely condition, congratz with your purchase!

Cheers
    Ger

?

BTW for what its worth, Molitor Mühle= windmill, is a very old and respectable hotel and wellness center in Germany
    Could be advertisement stuff for the Army to get clients
    here a link to the history of the Hotel
    Geschichte der Molitors Mühle |*Hotel Molitors Mühle ****

Ger

Thanks Ger
    That explains a lot, I'm new to collecting edge weapons this being my second purchase and I'm still learning loads!
    I don't know where you guys find all this information thank you very much!
    Regards